If Anyone decommits - It Is Not Due To This Staff | Syracusefan.com

If Anyone decommits - It Is Not Due To This Staff

VirginiaOrange

2nd String
McDonald and friends have energized recruiting more in 2 weeks than I have seen at SU in over a decade. While you hate to see some of the top names waiver, if they leave - so be it. I am totally on board with "if you are not 100% committed - don't come to SU."

If these guys are getting visits and commits from guys who SU was barely on several weeks ago - there is no doubt that they have done everything possible to keep Gus and friends happy. I am sure that keeping those guys was priority #1 so if a charismatic guy like McDonald is not keeping them Orange than I have to believe that they were never totally on board anyway.

No sense in keeping kids who end up unhappy and gone in a year or two anyway. I said it on another thread - for the first time in 10+ years I am buying what the staff is selling. I cannot wait to see what they can put together next year. I made a joke on another thread about McDonald having not even been on the main campus yet - what he is doing is amazing. If they can coach like they recruit - it is going to be fun again.

SU is not going to lose anyone who truly wants to be on board - and they are not going to lose anyone due to lack of effort.

I agree. And the one that jumps out the most right now is being able to sway Corey Cooper so quickly. I'm not surprised by a couple other guys, since they didn't have a ton of big offers, but that kid had a freaking huge list of BCS offers and we were able to snag him anyway at the last minute. Very promising.

I also agree.
If the class was falling apart and we were bringing in a bunch of B-listers as replacements, I think it would be easier for verbals to bail on us.
But the class is finishing strong - maybe VERY strong- and the replacement coaches all have impressive resumes. There's every reason to expect the program trajectory to continue as we begin ACC play.

some of these kids can't get enough attention, for some, the recruiting process, not the going to college, is the highlight of their life

some of these kids can't get enough attention, for some, the recruiting process, not the going to college, is the highlight of their life

Honestly these kids are making a very important decision about where to launch either a career or the education for an upcoming career and selecting a school and staff that will steer them the next 4 years is extremely important .. lets cut them some slack.

That's why Mcdonald is a great recruiter his tweet,[ sell these kids on Syracuse not for 4 years, but 40 years.] That also goes with Scott at his press conference, emphasizing the former players being important to the school. Doug talked the talk, but Scott even though he didn't graduate from SU, he and his staff are walking the walk.

I agree. Can't fault the current coaching staff. The new staff is kicking a*s. If a few recruits choose to decommit so be it. Everything is pointing in the right direction for our continued success. Let's roll!

Actually I can't wait to see years 3-5 of this staff...that is when "their" recruits will be making full contributions...Especially when they have had a full year or two to recruit!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom