if Boeheim were on the Falcons' sideline, they win | Syracusefan.com

if Boeheim were on the Falcons' sideline, they win

Agree 100%, no excuse to not get the field goal attempt seeing the way the game was going at that point, there was no stopping Brady at that point being up 11 points would have most likely sealed it. It's situational, Matty Ice looked like a white tail on opening day of gun season as well. Horrible

i think boeheim is the most intuitive coach of all time when it comes to probabilities in any sport.

Yep the 3 points would have all but sealed the deal, you play for what you need at that time, of all times a coach should have put his pork shoulder hat on, that was the freaking time.

The 4th down conversion by the Pats was huge two early on in the come back effort

And when the Patriots would have started fouling, this year we have the free throw shooters to win the game. T-Rob would have been on the bench.

i think boeheim is the most intuitive coach of all time when it comes to probabilities in any sport.

I don't know if he's the most intuitive, but he definitely has an innate feel for probabilities that most sports coaches do not have.

I don't know if he's the most intuitive, but he definitely has an innate feel for probabilities that most sports coaches do not have.
i'm trying to come up with someone with better probabilistic intuition but i can't think of any.

i'm trying to come up with someone with better probabilistic intuition but i can't think of any.

Yeah, just to be clear--I wasn't as much disputing your claim [about him being the best] as agreeing with your assessment of his intuitive / innate feel for probabilities [whether he's the best or not, he's very good]. I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, but the "feel" Boeheim has is rare across all sports, not just hoops.

I am all for staying aggressive and throwing to make first downs, but that's usually when you're pinned back deep, up a score, and coaches always just run three straight times to burn clock. In that situation yes, go for a first down to win the game. But when you're already in FG range... You run the ball. RUN THE BALL.

you can throw, but you cant run a play that gets you sacked. have some place to dump the ball off.

they would've snapped the ball later and they never would've risked a sack in FG range up 8 under 4 min left.

Their offensive coordinator is (was) Kyle Shanahan. That's what he does.

it's funny how trained we are to be cool with a brick as the shot clock expires. most other fans would get bent out of shape and we're all trained to say "alright, good job not bricking earlier"

3rd down and 1 deep in your own territory, with a 16pt lead lead in the 4th quarter. You have to run the ball. If you make it great if you don't then you punt again doesn't hurt you. Instead you drop back wind up with a sack/fumble and NE scores quickly and converts the 2pt try getting it to a 1 possession game. Horrible situational football on that.

I agree with NineOneSeven though that the last one was atrocious. You have an 8 point lead late in the 4th quarter, you are well within FG range. You absolutely must hand the ball off 3 times in a row even if you get nothing. Instead you take a sack moving it back to a long FG. Then rather than learning your lesson and running you drop back again and get called for holding moving you out of FG range. There is no excuse for that. None!

As much as people complain about stall ball the only time I saw it fail was vs Butler in 2010.

I didn't see the Harris Pitt game in 2008.

Shananhan and McDaniel both seemed to be playing "can you top this" on demonstrating their aggressiveness and creativity. The Pats ran some gimmick stuff that seemed odd and the throw in the end zone near the end was insane.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom