If Coach-2 in the indictment is actually Rick Pitino he is looking at jail time. | Syracusefan.com

If Coach-2 in the indictment is actually Rick Pitino he is looking at jail time.

Alsacs

Living Legend
Which to me is stupid of him to actually care more about his job right now.

The bleeping FBI has coach-2 on a wire. Pitino better hope it's not him or he better flip and flip quick.

DK0DmdAW0AEOsQM

DKrx8QIW4AARQZa

Instead he is having his lawyer fight UL for money when the guy has made over 100 million dollars between Kentucky, Boston Celtics, and Louisville.

Adidas paid 2.25 of Pitino's 7.5 million dollar salary last season.

Neither of these excerpts says that Coach-2 is on a recorded conversation. If Gatto, Dawkins, and Coach-1 flip, they could turn on Coach-2 and testify as to their conversations with him, but their testimony will be subject to a vigorous cross based on their obvious self-interest.

Neither of these excerpts says that Coach-2 is on a recorded conversation. If Gatto, Dawkins, and Coach-1 flip, they could turn on Coach-2 and testify as to their conversations with him, but their testimony will be subject to a vigorous cross based on their obvious self-interest.

He left out a page where Coach-2 contacted Gatto twice. I believe those were recorded.

But, it doesn't matter, you don't necessarily need the recordings. You just need someone to squawk.

He left out a page where Coach-2 contacted Gatto twice. I believe those were recorded.

But, it doesn't matter, you don't necessarily need the recordings. You just need someone to squawk.

Well, that missing page would make a difference.

Well, that missing page would make a difference.
It's in the indictment I will paste it.

The FBI has two wire tap conservations between coach-2 and Gatto.

Holy crap, Pitino committed federal crimes(ok, allegedly at this point). Me thinks the fact that he now has no chance of collecting any buyout money is the least of his problems. Maybe Karen Sypher can pay him some conjugal visits if she is out of prison.

Don't the federal crimes only apply to public schools because they receive/d federal funding?

Don't the federal crimes only apply to public schools because they receive/d federal funding?

Private schools do as well, in most cases. I think the Feds actually stated "Public and Private" when they had their press conference Tuesday.

BTW, Coach-2 made a third call to Adidas two days before Bowen committed to UofL. hmmm...

Private schools do as well, in most cases. I think the Feds actually stated "Public and Private" when they had their press conference Tuesday.

BTW, Coach-2 made a third call to Adidas two days before Bowen committed to UofL. hmmm...

of course, Pitino's lawyer will say that third call was just to talk shoe business as were the other two . Damn I wish the FBI had recordings of those calls, Pitino would be beyond screwed. he is still screwed just not 100% screwed

No. All Schools, including private schools, can get Federal funding through Pell Grants and research money. Accepting that money makes you subject to the laws per the Grove City College case.

Ahhh...ok...I thought that because the only coaches arrested were form public schools.

Is it still bribery if the coach in this case requested money to pay a student and in turn steer said student towards their businesses, even though the coach himself didn't get any money?

Ahhh...ok...I thought that because the only coaches arrested were form public schools.

Is it still bribery if the coach in this case requested money to pay a student and in turn steer said student towards their businesses, even though the coach himself didn't get any money?
It just worked out that way. Larranaga is about to go down at Da U.

That's a good question and may be why Pitino wasn't arrested. The Feds have stated they don't care about the payments to the players, they only care about the payments to the coaches, particularly those across state lines and those done through mail.

No. All Schools, including private schools, can get Federal funding through Pell Grants and research money. Accepting that money makes you subject to the laws per the Grove City College case.
It is even easier than that: Student Loans would subject them to this (Title IV funding) I believe.

I don't think he will get jail time. Probably a plea bargain with some fines, probation.

The FBI exposing in my opinion has already created one hell of a deterrent, which is one of the goals of these types of investigations I would think. I am sure many coaches and assistants are going to think about their actions going forward. And some won't be able to think, they have already suffered a major punishment by getting fired and may never be able to get back in for a long time.

Holy crap, Pitino committed federal crimes(ok, allegedly at this point). Me thinks the fact that he now has no chance of collecting any buyout money is the least of his problems. Maybe Karen Sypher can pay him some conjugal visits if she is out of prison.

She was actually an addidas employee sealing the deal

I'm not sure that's true. Pitino didn't take any money, only asked that money be given to a player. That's not a federal crime as far as I know.