If Duke had lost to UNC | Syracusefan.com

If Duke had lost to UNC

stuckinbig11

All American
the films would have shown Zion playing like a wing on offense and watching the game from the perimeter, especially failing to attempt rebounding when one of his teammates missed a shot. Either he is not healed or is not in shape or is already pretending he is in the NBA. Nonetheless, he is obviously very talented.

Hes out of shape. you can see him sucking wind bigtime
I suggested in another thread that his obviously high amount of fast twitch muscle fiber is for power and not endurance. Slow twitch is for endurance. He may be sucking wind because his body is bad at endurance. It may not be his fault. His bursts are using a lot more energy than anyone else is using on that court. Its surprising he can even play those high minutes, when it seems like in between plays, he can hardly hold himself up.

Whatever NBA team drafts him better be really confident in their S&C staff, because he's going to present some unique opportunities and some unique challenges.

the films would have shown Zion playing like a wing on offense and watching the game from the perimeter, especially failing to attempt rebounding when one of his teammates missed a shot. Either he is not healed or is not in shape or is already pretending he is in the NBA. Nonetheless, he is obviously very talented.

Yet despite that, in the last 2 nights, he's averaging 30-12 and shooting 81% from the field. And scored 11 of the last 13 points and won the game for his team. So I think he's doing ok?

Whatever NBA team drafts him better be really confident in their S&C staff, because he's going to present some unique opportunities and some unique challenges.
Zion instincts are incredible.
Shooting 70% while averaging 4 blocks + steals per game.
He is the best prospect in the draft in a decade.
His S&C is fine he just can’t become Shawn Kemp or Larry Johnson and eat their athleticism away.

Duke should get the ball into Zion a lot more than they do. Nobody would beat them.

Zion instincts are incredible.
Shooting 70% while averaging 4 blocks + steals per game.
He is the best prospect in the draft in a decade.
His S&C is fine he just can’t become Shawn Kemp or Larry Johnson and eat their athleticism away.
I think teams need to be conscious that this is the smallest he will ever be, and plan accordingly.

I suggested in another thread that his obviously high amount of fast twitch muscle fiber is for power and not endurance. Slow twitch is for endurance. He may be sucking wind because his body is bad at endurance. It may not be his fault. His bursts are using a lot more energy than anyone else is using on that court. Its surprising he can even play those high minutes, when it seems like in between plays, he can hardly hold himself up.

His body...bad at endurance...

My take: kid missed nearly a month, playing in back to back games and UNC likes tempo.

We’re really reaching here. The kid is unbelievable. Enjoy him. He’s a rare thing to celebrate in a college basketball one-and-done, IMO.

Can’t recall when I’ve had this much respect for a player on a team I hate. Hope he reaches his potential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom