If Fleming is healthy who loses reps? | Syracusefan.com

If Fleming is healthy who loses reps?

SmilinBob

Living Legend
This is a nice problem to have but unless SU is going to 4 receiver sets, who is going to sit? Is West going to lose reps...will Clark ever play again? I'd just hate to see Fleming play 3-8 reps and blow his possible redshirt year unless he really is going to be an impact player. I realize that the staff thinks a lot of him but will he be that much better than West? I can't see Sales or Lemon losing reps. It's going to be an interesting situation.

This is a nice problem to have but unless SU is going to 4 receiver sets, who is going to sit? Is West going to lose reps...will Clark ever play again? I'd just hate to see Fleming play 3-8 reps and blow his possible redshirt year unless he really is going to be an impact player. I realize that the staff thinks a lot of him but will he be that much better than West? I can't see Sales or Lemon losing reps. It's going to be an interesting situation.

Sales and Lemon wont lose any reps, it's possible West loses some. Clark I think will be in trouble, although I think the staff can utilize him at punt or kick return.
How tall is AF?

Sales and Lemon wont lose any reps, it's possible West loses some. Clark I think will be in trouble, although I think the staff can utilize him at punt or kick return.
How tall is AF?

I think he's like 6'4" and can jump pretty well.

Redzone target.
We don't throw much in the red zone and when we do, it is never a fade to take advantage of height advantages. It is usually either a QB roll-out looking for a TE drag or a quick slant to the slot receiver.
jackie-chan-What.png

I know Flemming was having a nice camp by all accounts, but really the only thing he's ever done on the field was draw a PI call against Rutgers in 2010. So I wouldn't expect the reps for a guy like West to go away just yet.

At this point we would really be better off red-shirting him. Outside of Funderburk we dont have a WR recruit committed for next year and with Lemon and Sales graduating having Flemming for two additional years would really be a big help.

I know Flemming was having a nice camp by all accounts, but really the only thing he's ever done on the field was draw a PI call against Rutgers in 2010. So I wouldn't expect the reps for a guy like West to go away just yet.

Yeah, the more I think of it, West has pretty much established himself as the third receiver...
I think AF would have to come out on fire, which probably won't happen, but who knows.

At this point we would really be better off red-shirting him. Outside of Funderburk we dont have a WR recruit committed for next year and with Lemon and Sales graduating having Flemming for two additional years would really be a big help.

I think this was a big topic of discussion last year, but I can't recall the outcome. Did Flemming ever see the field last year?

Agreed. Why are we assuming Flemming will leapfrog anyone?

...or maybe less two TE sets?

I think this was a big topic of discussion last year, but I can't recall the outcome. Did Flemming ever see the field last year?

Sophomore Year (2011): Played in all 12 games, primarily on special teams.

its not losing reps.. its more guys running reps at full speed, we ran the three main guys for 80% or more of the plays.. if he can play the level he was being hinted at then he takes 10-15 plays away from each they all run a few less.

right now if we run 90 plays thats 270 between the 3 main ones. Kobena was taking some as well , clark only a few . it only becomes an issue we we start to see plays drop down like the Minn game to 70 or so..

Chip, I find myself agreeing with your posts a lot.

You must be like, a really smart guy.

Clark will lose PT. For our formation I can see PTG/Smith in the backfield with Nassib, with Lemon and Flemming split out wide, Sales in the slot, and Stevens near the line for blocking/short route purposes. I think Flemming has the size we need for a much needed redzone-throw-it-up-to-the-tall-guy threat.

Clark will lose PT. For our formation I can see PTG/Smith in the backfield with Nassib, with Lemon and Flemming split out wide, Sales in the slot, and Stevens near the line for blocking/short route purposes. I think Flemming has the size we need for a much needed redzone-throw-it-up-to-the-tall-guy threat.

Clark isnt playing now, how can he lose PT?

Clark isnt playing now, how can he lose PT?

My apologies, I saw Clark in the thread and got confused. I meant West. Although I think Flemming and West will be 50/50.

How about West, Lemon and Sales all take a few less snaps. I thought one of the goals of the no huddle was to wear out the defense not the offense. The three Wr listed were on the field for what seemed like every snap against Minn. The guys are in good shape but a fresh pair of legs against a tired DB seems like a good idea to me.

How about West, Lemon and Sales all take a few less snaps. I thought one of the goals of the no huddle was to wear out the defense not the offense. The three Wr listed were on the field for what seemed like every snap against Minn. The guys are in good shape but a fresh pair of legs against a tired DB seems like a good idea to me.

I wonder what the snap% was for each of the wr's vs Stony and Minny since Lemon has been back. I agree, a well rested core would be nice and I'd love to see 4 at a time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom