If Hancock | Syracusefan.com

If Hancock

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
could get all those open looks from the wing behind the arc, I keep wondering why James couldn't. It seemed the whole game (until the last minute) that we couldn't get him the ball hardly at all. What was James doing all game? It didn't look like he was moving that much without the ball. Why couldn't we run stuff to get him shots? I just don't understand what we were trying to do? And it still bothers me that CJ didn't get the ball at all in the last 2 minutes.

could get all those open looks from the wing behind the arc, I keep wondering why James couldn't. It seemed the whole game (until the last minute) that we couldn't get him the ball hardly at all. What was James doing all game? It didn't look like he was moving that much without the ball. Why couldn't we run stuff to get him shots? I just don't understand what we were trying to do? And it still bothers me that CJ didn't get the ball at all in the last 2 minutes.

One reason is they are not playing 4 on 5 like we did for most of the season on offense. When you dont have to guard a player (or position) its a lot easier to cheat and double the players that you know will hurt you if you leave open.

I'm no basketball expert, but it seemed like Mich did a really good job in their scouting report against us. They would deny Southerland's flash at the top of the key every time by going under the screens that we set for him. JB could have had a better counter for that.

Southerland: 1-5 from 3 in 27 minutes of PT

Hancock: 5-5 from 3 in 30 mins

Southerland got open looks from 3 and missed all but one. Hancock made all of his.

That was the only difference.

I kept yelling at JB to run a pick and pop with JS setting the pick but I guess he chose to ignore me. I don't think I saw them do that over the last half of the season but it was worth a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom