If Hughes scews the pooch tonight will he join Freddy in the pen? | Syracusefan.com

If Hughes scews the pooch tonight will he join Freddy in the pen?

CaliCuse

All American
They have Phelps and just called up Mitchell. I can see Joe skipping Phil on his next scheduled start and going with Mitchell. It great that two kids will get a chance to show their ability and when it counts for the team and themselves.BTW The yankees have a kid in Charleston killing the ball. Tyler Austin might get a big boost if the Yanks suffer a DL of any substantial length. Other than centerfield. I doubt this kid has tha kind of range in the field. I thought Gardner would be back by now. Ibanez has been pretty much a bust at the plate and field. now he may have a decent year before the season wraps up but at this point those who thought his age would be a problem were right. Cashman likes his experience on a pennant winning club and WS but that experience comes with a age factor. Raul looks every bit his age in the field especially.:bang:

They have Phelps and just called up Mitchell. I can see ZJoe skipping Phil on his next scheduled start and going with Mitchell. It great that two kids will get a chance to show their ability and when it counts for the team and themselves.BTW The yankees have a kid in Charleston killing the ball. Tyler Austin might get a big boost if the Yanks suffer a DL of any substantial length. Other than centerfield. I doubt this kid has tha kind of range in the field.
I heard a rumor that the Yanks may be looking to trade Soriano when Pettitte comes back moving Hughes back to the 7th inning role. Also, I noticed Joba in the dugout last night. Is he close to coming back?

I heard a rumor that the Yanks may be looking to trade Soriano when Pettitte comes back moving Hughes back to the 7th inning role. Also, I noticed Joba in the dugout last night. Is he close to coming back?

Joba's out for the season. Or most of it.

Joba's out for the season. Or most of it.
That's what I thought, but it looked like he was having a blast yucking it up with the boys last night after Nunez made one of his "amazing" plays in left field.

Never was a fan of hughes even when hewon 18 games, he got a tonnn of run support thst year btw. He just seems soft to me, never comes up in a big spot. He wont be on the team next year

5.2 innings, only gave up 4 hits, 6 K's / 1 BB. Two of the hits were HR's.

Yanks couldn't score.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom