If Iowa pulls this off tonight... | Syracusefan.com

If Iowa pulls this off tonight...

Ish88888

All American
Watch out. They are trending hot. They could steal a bubble spot with a bit of a run in the B10 tourney.

I think they need to win the next 3 (I assume the first B10 tourney game is against a non tourney team that does nothing for them).

The two recent road wins at Wiscosin adn Maryland gave the resume a big boost.

I think they've at least entered the fringe of consideration now - joining other (very) middling p5 teams like Georgia, Ga Tech, Vandy, TCU, Ohio St...

The Big Ten isn't viewed as strong.
They had no teams in the top 16 from the NCAA and only Purdue could possibly work there way into the top 16.
Iowa has good road wins but they those wins aren't viewed as strong.

Iowa really struggled to start the year. Jok was back but they lost their other 4 starters. Jok and Dom Uhl are the only upper classmen on the roster who play. The rest are freshman and sophomores, only 2 of whom played roles of any significance last year. So they are a young team that took some time to develop. It really hurt they lost all their significant non-conference games except for Iowa State. I have no idea how you lose to Nebraska-Omaha - didn't even know they were Division 1.

But they are playing well right now. I think jncuse is right, they need to beat Penn State and win at least 2 in the tournament, if not 3 to make it.

it was crazy how many bubble teams won this week not because they played well but because how poorly the ranked teams played.. Wisc had to give that game away 3-4 times just to give iowa enough chances to get it right.

it was crazy how many bubble teams won this week not because they played well but because how poorly the ranked teams played.. Wisc had to give that game away 3-4 times just to give iowa enough chances to get it right.
images

Unfortunately they say the same thing about our wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom