If one more OSU fan tells me we got lucky | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If one more OSU fan tells me we got lucky

At the first round site everyone roots against the top seed. Its a hostile environment. The way to deal with it is to get a lead and shut the crowd up. But this team never gets an early lead.

That is completely true that everyone cheers for the underdog. But it was and has been the reactions after the game. The constant booing when our score was shown or mentioned during the OSU game and the comments and BS tossed out at SU fans after the game and even today. We didn't even play OSU, Pitt or KSU. There is a real hatred for SU here. It has to be not just the game but the issues we have had with the Melo one being on the eve of the tourney.

Sent from my DROIDX

Ask them how much Thad Matta had to pay Sullinger to come back? Then tell them you heard there was a pro-OSU tattoo parlor in Pitssburgh that is looking for jerseys to hang in the waiting area.

s.

I love how fans get on su for making their starting center ineligble before the tourney,,,,like its a postive thing, people are clueless

they know that our good luck is their bad luck, because they are afraid to play us . . . they are just showing you their ass and they don't even know it.

It has to be not just the game but the issues we have had with the Melo one being on the eve of the tourney.
Sent from my DROIDX

Doesn't make sense to me. Melo is suspended, not playing...I could see the hatred if it somehow came out that he'd been failing all along, and we found some loophole to play him anyway.

Doesn't make sense to me. Melo is suspended, not playing...I could see the hatred if it somehow came out that he'd been failing all along, and we found some loophole to play him anyway.

Well, you see, that is JUST WHAT opposing fans all think really went down. And they think that way because the media -- or at least a significant segment of the media -- played the story in such a way as to imply that we WERE CHEATING.

That is just another reason why I want to see us savage KSU. Let there be no doubt, we need a rout.

Let there be no doubt, we need a rout.
we just need a win

at this point, I almost hope it comes after time seemingly expires with the Cats up two, but the refs put time back on the clock then call a phantom call on an airballed three point attempt, and we sink all three free throws with no time left, leaving the floor while cups and programs are hurled onto the court.

Then, we should book Bernie Fine's hotel room from the alleged Zach Tomaselli incident and use it to throw the celebration party. Invite the media.

we just need a win

at this point, I almost hope it comes after time seemingly expires with the Cats up two, but the refs put time back on the clock then call a phantom call on an airballed three point attempt, and we sink all three free throws with no time left, leaving the floor while cups and programs are hurled onto the court.

Then, we should book Bernie Fine's hotel room from the alleged Zach Tomaselli incident and use it to throw the celebration party. Invite the media.

cuse down 2, scoop jacks up a wild 3 from half court that has no chance, refs call a phantom foul with 0.1 left. scoop makes the first 2 fts, bricks the 3rd, kstate rebounds, we're headed to ot...until the refs call a phantom lane violation on kstate, scoop makes the ft and cuse win! and rioting ensues on the streets of pittsburgh.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

Everyone in Pittsburgh should embrace that we are the bad guys in CBB now.

Can picture bees waiting in the concession lines, glancing over at the OSU fan and his son standing next to him and saying "How much for the little boy?"

I feel terrible about myself for laughing at this for about 5 minutes.

Rick kind of does have that pederast look about him...;)

What's really funny about that clip is that during the normal speed, it looks like the guy 1) has his eyes open 2) flinches before the hit 3) has brown hair.

Not so in the slow-mo.

Please be gentle. Some of us are Columbus natives who have allegiances to both (though if the Elite 8 matchup happens, I'm wearing Orange all the way.)

we just need a win

Gorilla Monsoon would be proud of that scenario. The Pittsburgh Screwjob II.

Pittsburgh Screwjob I was obviously the Bernie/Zach experience (though that may have been the Hartford Screwjob)

cuse down 2, scoop jacks up a wild 3 from half court that has no chance, refs call a phantom foul with 0.1 left. scoop makes the first 2 fts, bricks the 3rd, kstate rebounds, we're headed to ot...until the refs call a phantom lane violation on kstate, scoop makes the ft and cuse win! and rioting ensues on the streets of pittsburgh.

The side benefit of this is that roving mobs would raze the city of Pittsburgh to the ground. It's a win-win for everybody!!

Or, how about this? We have a 1 point lead. 3 seconds left. KState has the ball and Scoop commits a hideous foul on an inbounds play, sending McGruber to the line. McGruber makes the first, misses the second...tie game. The miss rolls of the rim and is grabbed by Joseph. Joseph then whirls around and is touch-fouled as he heaves the ball 90 feet towards the other basket. The ref calls a foul with .8 seconds left. Joseph makes the first and intentionally clangs the second, and we win.

How crazy does that sound? ;)

I'm going all Cali on them.

Sent from my DROIDX
Just tell them they got lucky on PI call against Miami in 2002. Luckeye fans get SUPER sensitive when that is brought up. They stole that NC from Miami in the Fiesta Bowl.

Just tell them they got lucky on PI call against Miami in 2002. Luckeye fans get SUPER sensitive when that is brought up. They stole that NC from Miami in the Fiesta Bowl.
Please, it was an obvious interference call.

we just need a win

I can't envision this.

Oh, wait, now I can. You just have to put the picture in your head of Mike Hopkins wearing an eye patch. Then it all comes together.

That is completely true that everyone cheers for the underdog. But it was and has been the reactions after the game. The constant booing when our score was shown or mentioned during the OSU game and the comments and BS tossed out at SU fans after the game and even today. We didn't even play OSU, Pitt or KSU. There is a real hatred for SU here. It has to be not just the game but the issues we have had with the Melo one being on the eve of the tourney.

Sent from my DROIDX
I think it is collateral damage from the Fine mess as well. Many around the country who do not know the details of the story consider SU another Penn St situation and have real anger toward the school and JB.

Or, how about this? We have a 1 point lead. 3 seconds left. KState has the ball and Scoop commits a hideous foul on an inbounds play, sending McGruber to the line. McGruber makes the first, misses the second...tie game. The miss rolls of the rim and is grabbed by Joseph. Joseph then whirls around and is touch-fouled as he heaves the ball 90 feet towards the other basket. The ref calls a foul with .8 seconds left. Joseph makes the first and intentionally clangs the second, and we win.

How crazy does that sound? ;)

any pitt fans reading this just threw up in their mouths

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom