If only ... | Syracusefan.com

If only ...

kuethstheman

All Conference
If we were about to face Miami with them having only two days to prepare, I'd be licking my chops.

Not looking forward to playing Marquette.

I'm hoping JB takes some practice time to review the over-and-back rule with the team.

I think the only way we lose to Marquette is if the refs screw us again like they did in our first meeting.

I don't think that's going to happen.

Marquette hasn't gotten this far with Buzz before, it was an issue in their first Sweet 16, could be an issue in the 1st elite 8.

Also, remember, the Miami we saw last night wasn't the Miami from the regular season and ACC tourney. Think of it like VCU last weekend. They rolled Akron and everyone thought they were a threat for the FF. It wasn't until Michigan was up by 30 that everyone remembered that Akron was missing 4 of their top 6 players. Last night's game Marq game was a mirage. Doesn't mean they will suck tomorrow, but I wouldn't let the results of that game scare you at all.

This team plays well with a chip on it's shoulder. The loss at Marquette this year bugs the players more than it bugs us. A few media members have said the team feels like they let that one get away. Sure, we're playing in the Elite 8, and motivation shouldn't be a problem, but it's nice to have a little something extra to have in your back pocket for motivation.

Finally, this team has been knocking on the door to the FF for 5 years now. They're ready to bust down that door. Tomorrow they are going to do it.

The funny thing is, we didn't play that badly against them earlier - we just put them on the line too much.

I'm confident going in to this game tomorrow. I think the team will be too.

The funny thing is, we didn't play that badly against them earlier - we just put them on the line too much.

I'm confident going in to this game tomorrow. I think the team will be too.

I am not one to blame others but that game, as the UL in the BET Finals, was not "we" more like "they". If Gardner is allowed to play BE bball then we are in for a long night. If not, well... I do really like Gardner. I think he has a great upside for a college center, NBA ehh... but college most def. DC take notes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom