If that is locking down NJ talent | Syracusefan.com

If that is locking down NJ talent

GoSU96

Living Legend
what does that say about the talent in NJ?

Nova, Huggins, the WR's and TE's (at least I think), best in the state, and that is the putrid mess they put out there.

Seriously, Nova is throwing to guys with huge frames and he misses that badly, I mean the ball is 3 to 6 ft away consistently from guys that are big targets. It's unbelievable.

The only time that they have ever been respectable on offense is when they had two NYS running backs in the backfield together.

They scored 37 pts total combined points with their offense their last four games. SU averaged 36 over the last six they played.

They will be lucky to score 3-7 points combined in a Big 10 season total

Nova, Huggins, the WR's and TE's (at least I think), best in the state, and that is the putrid mess they put out there.

Seriously, Nova is throwing to guys with huge frames and he misses that badly, I mean the ball is 3 to 6 ft away consistently from guys that are big targets. It's unbelievable.

The only time that they have ever been respectable on offense is when they had two NYS running backs in the backfield together.

They scored 37 pts total combined points with their offense their last four games. SU averaged 36 over the last six they played.

Nova is AWFUL and Huggins has BUST written all over him.

Brandon Coleman looks like a legit talent - but he's a MD/DC kid, not a NJ kid.

Its been said over and over and over for the last 5 or 6 years. But after a game like this, it shall be re-iterated.

Rutgers University football is a fraudulent, schedule aided house of cards.

I agree. Just ticks me off we didn't beat them the last two years.

Its been said over and over and over for the last 5 or 6 years. But after a game like this, it shall be re-iterated.

Rutgers University football is a fraudulent, schedule aided house of cards.

So true. Funny thing is, this was their last shot at being relevant, going to a BCS bowl, and accomplishing anything noteworthy.

Fail, fail, and fail.

Where does rutgers play next year? Conference wise

That post game interview with Nova is brutal... He comes off like a big baby. Coleman is a NFL first/ 2nd rounder.

Rutgers has good talent just no qb. Great d and great specials. Horrendous scheme on OAS well

That post game interview with Nova is brutal... He comes off like a big baby. Coleman is a NFL first/ 2nd rounder.

Rutgers has good talent just no qb. Great d and great specials. Horrendous scheme on OAS well
Their defense was loaded with seniors this year including both CB's. Next year they will struggle on both sides of the ball.

Of course you play to your strenghts but Rutgers took that to ridiculous levels. How can you have NO offense with the athletes they have?

Shows you the tremendous job SU did this year, they've squeezed about all they can from what they have on the roster.

Of course you play to your strenghts but Rutgers took that to ridiculous levels. How can you have NO offense with the athletes they have?

Shows you the tremendous job SU did this year, they've squeezed about all they can from what they have on the roster.

Agree 100%, very poorly coached on offense, and they forgot to recruit a qb, but they certainly have talent on offense at skilled positions. You cant win consistently in college football white knuckling games on offense. You need to score points

You cant win consistently in college football white knuckling games on offense. You need to score points
You know, previous to this season that's what I had been trying to explain about our program.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Go, one could read your post to be a justification about our lack of success recruiting NJ.

Fact - Rutgers has not impressed with the talent they have acquired.

Fact - We whiffed on a lot of the talent they have.

Guess - We would be a better team if we had landed some of that talent.

Fact- For all the bluster we're 2 and 2 vs Rutgers under Marrone.

I don't respect them much either but there's a whole lot of chest thumping in this thread that our program hasn't earned.

In any event we can agree that watching a football team is more fun when they score points. This season thankfully reminded a lot of folks on the board of that.

Agree 100%, very poorly coached on offense, and they forgot to recruit a qb, but they certainly have talent on offense at skilled positions. You cant win consistently in college football white knuckling games on offense. You need to score points
Wouldn't Tom Savage (former Freshman All-American) been a Sr. this year?
BTW, I see he has transferred (again) from Zona to Pitt, after never having played a down. Since the BE transfer rules probably won't apply once Pitt officially joins the ACC, we may see him under center when we face the Panthers next year.

They have more talent than we do, probably on both sides of the ball. But the coaching there has always been abysmal, with and without Schiano.

Having watched Nova play in High School (I am a Bergen Catholic Alum, Don Bosco's rival) I can say that I have never been impressed.

The way they have been recruiting, how they have never won an outright Big East championship, during the weakest years in Big East history, is beyond me. If they couldn't do it this year, they'll never do it.

As for their future in the Big 10, they'll need all the luck they can get. Having big time programs like OSU and Mich, etc. come to Piscataway will be cool to the fanbase for the first year, but they're as much of a fairweather fanbase as I have ever seen. If theyre not winning, nobody is showing. It is just that simple.

Just my honest 2 cents as a NJ Cuse fan who has Rutgers fans in the family and goes to a couple games a year...

You know, previous to this season that's what I had been trying to explain about our program.

It's year 11 in their build out, you were complaining year 1, 2 and 3.

There's a difference between self limiting and actually being limited.

Go, one could read your post to be a justification about our lack of success recruiting NJ.

Fact - Rutgers has not impressed with the talent they have acquired.

Fact - We whiffed on a lot of the talent they have.

Guess - We would be a better team if we had landed some of that talent.

Fact- For all the bluster we're 2 and 2 vs Rutgers under Marrone.

I don't respect them much either but there's a whole lot of chest thumping in this thread that our program hasn't earned.

In any event we can agree that watching a football team is more fun when they score points. This season thankfully reminded a lot of folks on the board of that.

It's not a justification for anything, just an observation. There's obviously a lot of good football players in NJ, that defense is excellent, but for all of that programs crowing about the "State of Rutgers", bringing in the best offensive players in the state, supposedly, hasn't gotten them much.

Having watched Nova play in High School (I am a Bergen Catholic Alum, Don Bosco's rival) I can say that I have never been impressed.

Someone about a year or so ago posted how Don Bosco's players are overrated. I know they have had a great program but was curious on your take about that and how their players have performed on the college level.

Blocked field goal killed us..
We are one offensive lineman slipping away from being in the BCS. Pugh makes that block 99 out of 100 times it was just a freak occurrence.

Someone about a year or so ago posted how Don Bosco's players are overrated. I know they have had a great program but was curious on your take about that and how their players have performed on the college level.

Maybe at the QB position. Other than Mike Teel (who was only asked to be a game manager with Rice and Leonard in the backfield) they have had nobody produce at the next level (Simms, Nova)

They are all well deserving at any other position though. They have numerous guys playing well in D-1 (Shumate on ND, Caroo and Hamilton on RU),a s well as even the NFL right now (Ryan Grant, Corey Wooten, Justin Trattou.)

They also HAD this kid Jabrill Peppers last year as a sophomore. He was rated as the best Sophomore in the country, but he just finished his first season after transferring to Paramus Catholic. He already has offers from everywhere, literally.

They produce talent. But theer system allows their QBs to be overrated because of the weapons that they have available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom