If the blog rumor is true I commend Noel for saying UK isn't his favorite... | Syracusefan.com

If the blog rumor is true I commend Noel for saying UK isn't his favorite...

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
For not giving in to all the hype and the Davis 2.0 garbage. And for the loyalty to MCW.
I hope he joins MCW in the show at the dome next year.

I honestly think we're overrating this MCW aspect.

You know how many of these players ball together for YEARS on the AAU circuit and become tight? You literally spend all summer together for summers on end. Those friendships rarely lead to both committing to the same school, it's about what's best for each player.

Does MCW help our cause? Sure. But make no mistake I'm sure SU would be a top 3 for Noel regardless of MCW. I couldn't see Noel going to UMass or somewhere like that just because MCW did.

I honestly think we're overrating this MCW aspect.

You know how many of these players ball together for YEARS on the AAU circuit and become tight? You literally spend all summer together for summers on end. Those friendships rarely lead to both committing to the same school, it's about what's best for each player.

Does MCW help our cause? Sure. But make no mistake I'm sure SU would be a top 3 for Noel regardless of MCW. I couldn't see Noel going to UMass or somewhere like that just because MCW did.

We might be overrating it, but it's paid dividends recently with Jonny/Paul, Scoop/Rick, Scoop/Dion and MCW/Rak/Cooney.

I think a lot depends upon his personality and who he is receiving advice from. Some people are very mature at that age and know what they want and make their own decision. Others (like me at that age) consider and even defer to their parents and sometimes even friends advice. MCW is a factor but probably not the major one. Hopefully he loved the campus, proximity to home, family atmosphere and coaches and then it's a plus that he has a friend there.

We might be overrating it, but it's paid dividends recently with Jonny/Paul, Scoop/Rick, Scoop/Dion and MCW/Rak/Cooney.

Jonny/Paul, eh? What kind of dividends were those, other than an epic BET game and lots of dunks stuffed by the rim? ;)

Jonny/Paul, eh? What kind of dividends were those, other than an epic BET game and lots of dunks stuffed by the rim? ;)

Lots of rebounds. They've been in short supply lately.

I guess you missed the segment before the OSU game where Aaron Craft was talking about how he, Sully and a couple other guys on the team had been playing AAU ball together since the beginning of high school and they all wanted to continue playing together in college.