If the university did a 4 month investigation... | Syracusefan.com

If the university did a 4 month investigation...

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
They had to interview Bernie in this. Lots of different people.

You would think they made a HUGE decision keeping Bernie on staff.
And Bernie chose to stay on staff and not run. He has to have a nice payday sitting in the bank.
There was no proof that could come forward, and the window for crime practically closed.

But, we aren't just talkingabout one year later, were talking about 7.

I just think those facts are interesting.

...SOL passed...maybe Bernie knew this; maybe not...and way the rest of this is going back in those years...wonder how investigative the University was...did more than police and DA but...until the investigation from 'Cuse is made public or at least to authorities...we will never know how involved the investigation was...based on comments from Davis etc...it could have been either denial that nothing happened or something happened without facts...

How difficult would it have been to ask Davis...where did Bernie take you to games...oh across state lines to the following games...University checks itineraries and expenses and asks a few other coaches if Davis was there...obviously if University did this and got no as answer to Davis being there...case closed.

They had to interview Bernie in this. Lots of different people.

You would think they made a HUGE decision keeping Bernie on staff.
And Bernie chose to stay on staff and not run. He has to have a nice payday sitting in the bank.
There was no proof that could come forward, and the window for crime practically closed.

But, we aren't just talkingabout one year later, were talking about 7.

I just think those facts are interesting.

I'm more interested in that in 2005 did they interview Boeheim on this and/or was he aware of this stuff. If so it's too bad he didn't at least use that knowledge to at least temper his comments a bit, as the result may be that he lived by the verbal sword most his career and it's not out the realm of reality that he could die by it. This is all getting epic is scope when a sitting DA accuses his PD of a "cover up". Can't write stuff like this.

...SOL passed...maybe Bernie knew this; maybe not...and way the rest of this is going back in those years...wonder how investigative the University was...did more than police and DA but...until the investigation from 'Cuse is made public or at least to authorities...we will never know how involved the investigation was

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the University has handed over the results of the 2005 investigation to the SPD.

I'm more interested in that in 2005 did they interview Boeheim on this and/or was he aware of this stuff. If so it's too bad he didn't at least use that knowledge to at least temper his comments a bit, as the result may be that he lived by the verbal sword most his career and it's not out the realm of reality that he could die by it. This is all getting epic is scope when a sitting DA accuses his PD of a "cover up". Can't write stuff like this.

My guess would be that yes he was interviewed, or at the very least made aware of what was going on. I think that might have been part of his over-the-top response to it. He was annoyed that this had already been investigated and found to be baseless and now it is coming up again.

Was this around the time he was being considered for the Binghamton job? I seem to remember he was up for that job at some point? Or was that some small school in FL?

Was this around the time he was being considered for the Binghamton job? I seem to remember he was up for that job at some point? Or was that some small school in FL?

Bernie was up for the Fla. Atlantic job. His son attended, and was suspended from, Binghamton.

I don't remember the year, but he was in line for the Jacksonville job around that time.

His son graduated from high school in 2004 so the job queries had to range around that time -2003 -2005 give or take. His son did attend Jacksonville and transferred into Binghamton.

You have the DA accusing the SPD of a cover up. You have for the first time that the DA can recall, the SPD not giving up info. You have the mayor making official statements. You have the accused giving specific names in the SPD and DA office that they claimed to have talked to. You have OTL not going away. You have Bernie suspended. etc etc.

These are all facts. If that alone doesn't make one think and say they are concerned, then I don't know what people are looking at. You can ignore every single "rumor" and there are still enough facts to not make it a laughing matter.

You have the DA accusing the SPD of a cover up. You have for the first time that the DA can recall, the SPD not giving up info. You have the mayor making official statements. You have the accused giving specific names in the SPD and DA office that they claimed to have talked to. You have OTL not going away. You have Bernie suspended. etc etc.

These are all facts. If that alone doesn't make one think and say they are concerned, then I don't know what people are looking at. You can ignore every single "rumor" and there are still enough facts to not make it a laughing matter.
its obviously not a laughing matter--- im just not very concerned about the DA and SPD part of it--- fine maybe they didnt investigate it properly but that doesnt really get me nervous--- what gets me nervous is rumor of tapes and other accusers -

its obviously not a laughing matter--- im just not very concerned about the DA and SPD part of it--- fine maybe they didnt investigate it properly but that doesnt really get me nervous--- what gets me nervous is rumor of tapes and other accusers -
still want to know what SPD was supposed to do when an accuser comes to them when the SOL has expired-- curious how that works

i still read into more as a circus, and a mix of several governing agencies that have been put on the defensive by a highly public story. i think the said agencies at this point are more interested in proving they didn't do anything wrong, than they are worried about new information.

What makes me wonder is that if BS&K did the full out investigation, they surely would have uncovered something if it existed (IMO). They would have then turned it over to the University, of course. It seems to me that if they had uncovered anything incriminating, they would have found a way to quietly usher Bernie out in the coming months or years so that this would not rear its head down the road. Since they did nothing, I want to say that the investigation really came up empty. Is that reasonable?

i still read into more as a circus, and a mix of several governing agencies that have been put on the defensive by a highly public story. i think the said agencies at this point are more interested in proving they didn't do anything wrong, than they are worried about new information.
I think that the said issues between the DA and the police are fiction. I think they are doing this because they have a plan that is designed to fool Davis and his clan in to thinking they really have something going. They are trying to egg them on. Give it time and i think that these liars will end up in jail. I say within one wek or so. The police would have no reason to hide information from the DA. It's just foolish, these guys are going down!

I think that the said issues between the DA and the police are fiction. I think they are doing this because they have a plan that is designed to fool Davis and his clan in to thinking they really have something going. They are trying to egg them on. Give it time and i think that these liars will end up in jail. I say within one wek or so. The police would have no reason to hide information from the DA. It's just foolish, these guys are going down!

So the D.A. and SPD are going with the "let's play incompetent" approach?

Hard to believe they would do this when it makes them look bad publicaly and OTL is reporting on it.

So the D.A. and SPD are going with the "let's play incompetent" approach?

Ah the ole Keystone Cops approach. Oldest trick in the book.

still want to know what SPD was supposed to do when an accuser comes to them when the SOL has expired-- curious how that works

Seems pretty clear to me. You look into the allegations because child molesters continue to molest and victimize children even if they have moved on from the original accuser... so if you get a lead on someone who might be a molester I would think you'd at least make a couple of inquiries to see if there is something there. I wouldn't want to be the parent of a child Bernie molested two or three years after the SPD decided they couldn't be bothered because the SOL on the crimes Davis was alleging had expired.