If this team can improve as much as last years team did | Syracusefan.com

If this team can improve as much as last years team did

cusetown1

Taxi Squad
we will be in for a very successful season. Hopefully 12-1 vs 8-5 going into ACC action , with a much more manageable league schedule . I think it’s more likely we will worry about where we will be seeded, than wondering if we will make the tourney .

Last year's team improved a lot?

Yes. They were horrible against any team with a pulse nonconference, and then got blown out by BC early in ACC play.

Ended up becoming a solid team that beat Duke, Virginia, and FSU. Blew out GT at home which many thought would put us in the tourney st the time.

So far we have avoided the trip ups in the nonconference. If we can go around .500 in the ACC and have 3 great league wins like last years team we’ll be tourney bound.

Last year's team improved a lot?

Heavens yes! I called it before the season, posted that they wouldnt be close to the same team at the beginning as the would be(Im not sure what time point I used).

This team, I'm not sure there is as much room from the basement to the ceiling, although the basement obviously is much higher. Maybe they can listen to Light My Fire, with the line that they'd be a liar if they said we couldnt get much higher, but at this point who really knows? The space between last year was due to a lot of ineptness/lack of chemistry at the beginning, which is not exhibited this season, and overcoming it counted for much of the climb. This, to me, is a fun group to watch...the chemistry gives me a good feeling, almost like a cold beer. I self-censored other analogies to keep it vanilla, I'm trying.

Yeah, we were looking like an ACC bottom feeder at this point in the season last year. Got destroyed by BC and St Johns.

That's true. Then again we could have lost to st johns by 15 and that would have been improvement!

My favorite part of that thread is the discussion over whether we would be in the play in game if we went 0-18 and then won the ACC tournament.

Hahahaha that got pretty intense for a minute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom