If this was Battle's swan song | Syracusefan.com

If this was Battle's swan song

orangemass

All American
he went out with a whimper...

Last couple of months were not good...

Gave us a win against zion at cameron. I’ll remember him fondly.

I’ll always have a ton of respect for Tyus.

He was let down by the program, more than him ever letting anyone down.

Imagine him with an actual point guard? Imagine him with a functional 5 to run PnR with? Imagine him not having to play 40 min per.

Unfortunately all we can do is imagine that.

I’ll always have a ton of respect for Tyus.

He was let down by the program, more than him ever letting anyone down.

Imagine him with an actual point guard? Imagine him with a functional 5 to run PnR with? Imagine him not having to play 40 min per.

Unfortunately all we can do is imagine that.
i imagine him being the actual point guard. i don't like shooting guards that can't shoot

battle is a poor man's melo playing an inefficient style that would've succeeded in an inefficient era. he was born too late.
Perhaps, I’m inclined to agree with you, but think that’s more of an NBA argument.

I wouldn’t necessarily recruit a Tyus Battle in 2019, but players like him succeed at other programs. They just can’t be the focal point of the offense, and certainly can’t operate efficiently with zero spacing.

Tyus was a great Orangeman and I use that term on purpose even though it has been eliminated. He gave it everything he had every time out. He busted his ass. He improved. He cared. He was classy and a legit student-athlete who represented Syracuse with dignity.
He was not a perfect player and his game has warts that are apparent. He tended to have poor body language that didn't do him any favors with the officials. But he made a ton of clutch shots, including the Michigan State jumper, the Gtown winner, the Clemson three, a bunch at Cameron this year and against UVA at home as a freshmen.
I know he is basically mocked as a late second rounder or undrafted but in the NBA the guys on the end of the bench are often about attitude and professionalism. Teams wants guys who will be ready to practice and keep themselves sharp in case of injuries to their top players. I'm more confident than most that we will see Tyus in the NBA.
I'm proud that he wore the Orange for three years and I wish him all the best going forward.

Perhaps, I’m inclined to agree with you, but think that’s more of an NBA argument.

I wouldn’t necessarily recruit a Tyus Battle in 2019, but players like him succeed at other programs. They just can’t be the focal point of the offense, and certainly can’t operate efficiently with zero spacing.
i'd recruit him again because you hope guys like him learn how to shoot. if he was a deadly shooter in high school, he could've gone anywhere he wanted

His shooting got worse each year and that’s evident by his free throw shooting. I know he got more open looks that first year because everyone focused on White and Lydon, but I expected him to shoot at least as good as Hughes did this year.

His shooting got worse each year and that’s evident by his free throw shooting. I know he got more open looks that first year because everyone focused on White and Lydon, but I expected him to shoot at least as good as Hughes did this year.
FT% is such an underrated simple way to judge shooters. not perfect but gets rid of all the other variables that confuse things. high correlation with good outside shooting from the field overall

How can you not love the guy. Just leave it right there. He gave his all to the program during his tenure here and he gave us many really great memories and added to the legacy of Syracuse basketball. We couldn't hope for more from any player we recruit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom