If (when) MCW leaves after this season | Syracusefan.com

If (when) MCW leaves after this season

Orangemen

All Conference
I think his legacy will be along side Donte Green as great talents who ultimately did nothing for us.

I have no idea what Ennis will give us next year, but I know what MCW is giving us, and I don't want another year of it. He's got talent, but he doesn't have the sense of team he needs to reach his potential.

I'd bet that his attitude does as much damage to this teams chances as does our lack of an inside game.

I get that without him this year we'd be in even worse shape, but ultimately, what is his superior talent doing for us? We've got six losses in conference, and are now looking at a middling seed in the NCAA's. JB's done that with far lesser talents than him.

Liked his hustle at times today. That was a positive. Negatives included more terrible shot selection and inexplicably going under a screen for Ware (which I'm certain he was told repeatedly not to do by everyone on our bench, including the walkons).

But make no mistake: a junior year for Carter-Williams would be a very good thing for our basketball team.

Certainly Ennis could come in and play well and make fewer mistakes. He might even shoot a little better (since, hey, how could he shoot worse?). And maybe we'd be a better team. But I don't want to see it.

This is why he should stay. With the extra maturity he would bring to the floor next year, he would be truly elite instead of almost great, which is what is now. The tough thing is our team has taken all the hits required to help him elevate to that next level, but we will get none of the benefits if he gets there because he will be nailed to an NBA bench with railroad spikes instead of helping us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom