If you are a bball fan... | Syracusefan.com

If you are a bball fan...

Cuse_1999

2nd String
and you think that game was reffed equally then in the words of Marsh I say... you. Lville and their minute man coach admitted thy foul every play in the backcourt, yet the shoot 3 times as many ft's as us. Hold your head high cuse players. You got messed by the refs

You really believe that? That the most legendary coach in the confrence in nyc under the brightest lights got black balled?? C'mon Man!! Refs made us miss 65% of are free throws too right? Stop the excuses! folded under pressure PERIOD

You really believe that? That the most legendary coach in the confrence in nyc under the brightest lights got black balled?? C'mon Man!! Refs made us miss 65% of are free throws too right? Stop the excuses! folded under pressure PERIOD
You should seriously change your handle to "I wish I knew something about basketball"
And yes, I really believe that. Seems quite obvious in fact. Where anyway, did blackballed come into it. It was more of what Pitino himself said. He coach my players to foul ballhandlers bringing up the ball 'cause the refs wont usually call it. I did see a few players fold though, mostly when getting run over from behind, in front of the ref and getting no call whatsoever. Perhaps you missed 7 or 8 or more of those. That would explain your ignorance of what actually went on.

You should seriously change your handle to "I wish I knew something about basketball"
And yes, I really believe that. Seems quite obvious in fact. Where anyway, did blackballed come into it. It was more of what Pitino himself said. He coach my players to foul ballhandlers bringing up the ball 'cause the refs wont usually call it. I did see a few players fold though, mostly when getting run over from behind, in front of the ref and getting no call whatsoever. Perhaps you missed 7 or 8 or more of those. That would explain your ignorance of what actually went on.

They were down 16. They fought back hard like any team with heart would do and we folded. honestly I didnt get the perception as the game was being called un fair I seen guards who couldnt beat the press and wings fumbling the ball. I think its pretty obvious that we have a hard time beating the press which consist of up in your face defense.. Thats Pitino style and its a gamble, because his players can get a quick 2 fouls but thats the game he plays, cant knock him and most the time we got past that and STILL couldnt score. And that has nothing to do with giving up 55+ points in the 2nd half.

They were down 16. They fought back hard like any team with heart would do and we folded. honestly I didnt get the perception as the game was being called un fair I seen guards who couldnt beat the press and wings fumbling the ball. I think its pretty obvious that we have a hard time beating the press which consist of up in your face defense.. Thats Pitino style and its a gamble, because his players can get a quick 2 fouls but thats the game he plays, cant knock him and most the time we got past that and STILL couldnt score. And that has nothing to do with giving up 55+ points in the 2nd half.
Seriously? A gamble? What part of "the refs won't call the fouls" in his statement don't you understand?

Seriously? A gamble? What part of "the refs won't call the fouls" in his statement don't you understand?

WHAT F%&$*(%) FOULS? HELLO THEY PRESSED THE stuff OUT OF US AND WE FOLDED... JUST LIKE WE DID AGAINST TEMPLE!!!!

WHAT F%&$*(%) FOULS? HELLO THEY PRESSED THE stuff OUT OF US AND WE FOLDED... JUST LIKE WE DID AGAINST TEMPLE!!!!
what is your deal? Pitino flat out admits they foul almost every play. Once James went out they were desperate and knew we couldn't burn them w/out James so they went straight up prison rape basketball and the refs allowed it. I can't even comprehend what I watched tonight.

Hand checking is a foul, Smith did it all night. He probably committed at least 15 fouls. The play where MCW got the flagrant, he was pushed with both hands. Grant was tackled when he got a rebound under the basket...no call, Louisville ball.

what is your deal? Pitino flat out admits they foul almost every play. Once James went out they were desperate and knew we couldn't burn them w/out James so they went straight up prison rape basketball and the refs allowed it. I can't even comprehend what I watched tonight.

Imagine the Ohio State refs from last year, reffing Louisville tonight? They would've been playing walkons the last 10 minutes.

The disparity in what is a foul and what's not from game to game is just ridiculous in college hoops.

and you think that game was reffed equally then in the words of Marsh I say... you. Lville and their minute man coach admitted thy foul every play in the backcourt, yet the shoot 3 times as many ft's as us. Hold your head high cuse players. You got messed by the refs

Stop. Just stop. We were up 16. Crapped it away with turnovers and an inability to inbound the ball and pass the ball.

Louisville is good. Very good. But we were up 16 I. The 2nd half and lost by double digits. That's awful 100%.

44cuse

Imagine the Ohio State refs from last year, reffing Louisville tonight? They would've been playing walkons the last 10 minutes.

The disparity in what is a foul and what's not from game to game is just ridiculous in college hoops.

But thats been the BE model is wht im trying to say, yes this lost hurt but c'mon they did the same stuff in L'ville and we still won, in L'ville! So your saying now in MSG Championship game we get black balled and hacked all game to lose a 16 point lead? and then to lose by 16. lol give them some credit!!

I think a members age should be shown in their profile. Just sayin'

But thats been the BE model is wht im trying to say, yes this lost hurt but c'mon they did the same stuff in L'ville and we still won, in L'ville! So your saying now in MSG Championship game we get black balled and hacked all game to lose a 16 point lead? and then to lose by 16. lol give them some credit!!

You're literally the only one who has used the words "black balled", and it's getting kind of old.

You don't seem to understand the role that momentum plays in basketball, especially with a team like Louisville.

If they weren't allowed to maul us for that stretch, it wouldn't have gone from a 16 point lead to a big loss. Maybe they get hot offensively and come back anyway, maybe not.

It's very difficult to break a press against a fast, aggressive team that is good at pressing and is getting away with mugging you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom