If you notice this season's offense has been jacked in performance | Syracusefan.com

If you notice this season's offense has been jacked in performance

CaliCuse

All American
I believe to encourage a quality defense an even better offense is required.A supposition might include quality players and coaches for both sides of the ball. A high end offense producing above average ppg,allows a sufficient rest for the defense and a bit more chance taking by the coach calling for blitzing to further hamper or stopping the opposition. If the defensive depth is adequate more rest can be given to higher level defensive players allowing peak performance when on the field. If the opposition offense is forced to play catch up football the kind of plays called might be an advantage to our defense allowing for personnel adjustments. High octane offense draws more fans to the games thus allowing the ADto maintain the best coaching and recruiting staff possible.:cool:

I believe to encourage a quality defense an even better offense is required.A supposition might include quality players and coaches for both sides of the ball. A high end offense producing above average ppg,allows a sufficient rest for the defense and a bit more chance taking by the coach calling for blitzing to further hamper or stopping the opposition. If the defensive depth is adequate more rest can be given to higher level defensive players allowing peak performance when on the field. If the opposition offense is forced to play catch up football the kind of plays called might be an advantage to our defense allowing for personnel adjustments. High octane offense draws more fans to the games thus allowing the ADto maintain the best coaching and recruiting staff possible.:cool:

:bat:

There are good points to your theory however Trent Dilfer winning the SB with the Ravens sort of debunks it being necessary. That's not to say it doesn't help having a good offense that keeps the defense off the field though. Also our offense was horrible in 2010 and we went bowling on the strength of Hogue and Smith.

There are good points to your theory however Trent Dilfer winning the SB with the Ravens sort of debunks it being necessary. That's not to say it doesn't help having a good offense that keeps the defense off the field though. Also our offense was horrible in 2010 and we went bowling on the strength of Hogue and Smith.
I never thought or suggested that there wouldn't be exceptions to that preference.Thats the way I see it as a more entertaining 60 minutes of my team's method. I think if I was a person of influence in that capacity it might be my philosophy.Winning is the goal. ow its done is a matter of opinion and a degree of experimentation. I like the dominhant offense approach thast helps jack the defense. Thats it in a nutshell. I think some might agree on the "nut"shell part. I've heard'em all . Its OK.:cool:

Too many big words. I can't follow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom