If you post, post verifiable facts...not rumors | Syracusefan.com

If you post, post verifiable facts...not rumors

Otterman34

Walk On
Mark Schwartz posts and produces segments with rumours and unverifiable statments.
ESPN / OTL runs pieces without checking sources.

Don't start rumours that you heard from your uncles second cousin on your step-mothers side of the family, even if they are in the SU Athletics department.

Mark Schwartz posts and produces segments with rumours and unverifiable statments.

Don't start rumours that you heard from your uncles second cousin on your step-mothers side of the family, even if they are in the SU Athletics department.

I don't have a major problem with the rumors. They can be frustrating, but at least they're acknowledged as what they are.

The problem with Schwartz is that he presents allegations as fact.

Or opinion qualified as such.

Some posters here are credible, and some know very credible sources. The problem is distinguishing them from someone stating his opinion and claiming it to be a well known rumor

I don't have a major problem with the rumors. They can be frustrating, but at least they're acknowledged as what they are.

The problem with Schwartz is that he presents allegations as fact.
Scumbag Mark Schwarz

Scumbag Mark Schwarz
enhanced-buzz-14954-1296670473-11.jpg

How about - if you post, don't post some cryptic garbage that you heard something from an "insider" but can't elaborate. If you actually know something but can't share then don't post anything since all it does it fuel the fires out here. People jump on ESPN for crap coverage then come out here and start the "I heard but I can't say anything......" nonsense.

Well, I have it on good authority that Mookie actually hates shooting 3's. He was more of an inside guy in high school...baby hooks, layups, 5 ft. jumpers, that sort of thing. Bernie pulled him aside his freshman year and told him he was now a guard and had to shoot 3's all the time...apparently some sort of practical joke that the coaches do from time to time. So now, everytime Mookie enters a game, Bernie whispers to him as he heads to the scorer's table "you better chuck up a 3 as soon as the ball touches your hands or when you get back to Skytop tonight, your locks will all have been changed." Poor Mookie fell for the whole thing.

But the worst rumor...and this is for the faint of heart only...Rony wasn't even Greek. His real name is Vinnie D'Angelo and he's from Hoboken. Bernie thought it would be a riot to tell him that he'd have a better shot at the NBA if he appeared more exotic. So Vinnie took on the Greek persona and they threw in the Lebanese angle just to confuse him even further. Bernie laughed himself into a hernia over that one.

The worst part is that the joke goes on to this day and Vinne/Rony has never caught on. He takes advice from Bernie constantly. Why else would he have become a club DJ if not for an elaborate prank being played upon him?

Sickening stuff....

How about - if you post, don't post some cryptic garbage that you heard something from an "insider" but can't elaborate. If you actually know something but can't share then don't post anything since all it does it fuel the fires out here. People jump on ESPN for crap coverage then come out here and start the "I heard but I can't say anything......" nonsense.

The "my insider is far too ethical to divulge any actual legitimate information...so instead they'll just divulge unsupported opinion and let the rumor mill run like hell." is fairly comical.

The only thing I'm coming away with today is that there are a heck of a lot of people unclear on the concept of ethical behavior.

Here is a verifiable fact for you: Bond, Schoeneck and King is the firm that conducted the 2005 investigation for the University. BSK is the top athletics law firm in the nation. When schools get a hint of trouble surrounding an athletic program, they call BSK to investigate. BSK does not pull any punches - they investigate deeply and thoroughly and then fully inform their clients of what they find, both good and bad.

This is not verifiable fact, but it is what I have been led to believe: The 2005 investigation was as professional and competent as anything BSK has ever done. They interviewed every name that Davis gave them - and then some. They went the extra mile. They found nothing to the allegations.

This is not verifiable fact, it is my opinion: Relax. There is a heavy weight of evidence on Bernie's side. This is not a molestation case, it is an Oedipal psychodrama on Davis' part, reinvigorated and fueled by Lang's vision of some kind of a pay day.

If you dont want to read about potential rumors dont read the threads its that simple. I never understood people making posts about this, your not forced to read it.

If you dont want to read about potential rumors dont read the threads its that simple. I never understood people making posts about this, your not forced to read it.

I never understood how people post rumors. There is no need to. This is why people left syracuse.com Now this place has become worse than there. All we see all year long is rumor rumor rumor. Are people here really stuck in HS?

Well, I have it on good authority that Mookie actually hates shooting 3's. He was more of an inside guy in high school...baby hooks, layups, 5 ft. jumpers, that sort of thing. Bernie pulled him aside his freshman year and told him he was now a guard and had to shoot 3's all the time...apparently some sort of practical joke that the coaches do from time to time. So now, everytime Mookie enters a game, Bernie whispers to him as he heads to the scorer's table "you better chuck up a 3 as soon as the ball touches your hands or when you get back to Skytop tonight, your locks will all have been changed." Poor Mookie fell for the whole thing.

But the worst rumor...and this is for the faint of heart only...Rony wasn't even Greek. His real name is Vinnie D'Angelo and he's from Hoboken. Bernie thought it would be a riot to tell him that he'd have a better shot at the NBA if he appeared more exotic. So Vinnie took on the Greek persona and they threw in the Lebanese angle just to confuse him even further. Bernie laughed himself into a hernia over that one.

The worst part is that the joke goes on to this day and Vinne/Rony has never caught on. He takes advice from Bernie constantly. Why else would he have become a club DJ if not for an elaborate prank being played upon him?

Sickening stuff....
greatest post in my 7 years on both boards...

I never understood how people post rumors. There is no need to. This is why people left syracuse.com Now this place has become worse than there. All we see all year long is rumor rumor rumor. Are people here really stuck in HS?

People left syracuse.com more then a decade ago for many reasons the least of which were rumors. Second besides the Fine situation what rumors were flying on this board???? Also if you think this place is worse then syracuse.com you havent been here long.

People left syracuse.com more then a decade ago for many reasons the least of which were rumors. Second besides the Fine situation what rumors were flying on this board???? Also if you think this place is worse then syracuse.com you havent been here long.

Actually I went to syracuse.com for the first time in 10 years a few days ago. There were zero rumors there when I checked. So yes this place has gotten worse.

Remember this works both ways, because there are a lot of people posting some very derogatory things about the alleged victims with no evidence as well. I unfortunetely believe the guy who just posted about knowing someone in SPD who says it doesn't look good for Bernie. I've heard the same things except in more detail, but I'm not posting them to the public because I haven't seen it personally. What I will say is those calling Bobby Davis a drug addict/guy on a money grab/low life etc. might want to refrain until they have all the facts as well.

Actually I went to syracuse.com for the first time in 10 years a few days ago. There were zero rumors there when I checked. So yes this place has gotten worse.

Sorry if you think this place is worse then syracuse.com you need serious help.

Schwatz sums up ESPN's care for Syracuse. Espn said they are not afraid to trash Syracuse as a program. This didn't have to go viral.

JB knows nothing and neither do the assistant coaches. If the police department or university witheld evidence then and knew something. Then I wouldn't be so angry at the media.

I don't think that is fair at all. People here, for the most part, post things they were told by reputable people. People on syracuse.com make things up to cause a ruckus and get a rise out of people. If there was a rumor posted by a non-verifiable poster it would be deleted which is why the other day a couple posters were called out to contact us. But you can go to any board anywhere of any school and you will always see posts like "I am hearing". Do you discount Jake's posts when he says "he is hearing" related to a recruit? It's a fine line between good posters posting something they hear from someone that is reputable and joe blow poster posting something he heard in the mensroom of Walmart or is trying to stir the pot.

weren't people paying for recruiting rumors? I know different than this, but still a rumor. The internet is mostly rumors in my opinion. You never get a full story, it's very one sided.

Here is a verifiable fact for you: Bond, Schoeneck and King is the firm that conducted the 2005 investigation for the University. BSK is the top athletics law firm in the nation. When schools get a hint of trouble surrounding an athletic program, they call BSK to investigate. BSK does not pull any punches - they investigate deeply and thoroughly and then fully inform their clients of what they find, both good and bad.

This is not verifiable fact, but it is what I have been led to believe: The 2005 investigation was as professional and competent as anything BSK has ever done. They interviewed every name that Davis gave them - and then some. They went the extra mile. They found nothing to the allegations.

This is not verifiable fact, it is my opinion: Relax. There is a heavy weight of evidence on Bernie's side. This is not a molestation case, it is an Oedipal psychodrama on Davis' part, reinvigorated and fueled by Lang's vision of some kind of a pay day.

Very good post. Nice view on things.

I have no problem with this at all. If this is what he heard, then this is what he heard. The fact that he heard something is newsworthy that I would like to know about.