If you take an top NBA player and put them on a top 75 RPI team | Syracusefan.com

If you take an top NBA player and put them on a top 75 RPI team

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
Are they automatically the favorite to win it all?

Lets put Lebron on Villanova

or Marc Gasol on UNC

Lemarcus Aldrige on Gonzaga

or Chris Paul on the Cuse. (if we were eligible)

im not talking about those guys when they were in college...i mean take them right now.

What player would you put on Syracuse?

This question is a no brainer. It would have to be Carmelo Anthony for a variety of reasons. First off, we all know how great he looks in Orange. 2nd, no more scoring problems!. 3rd, Since he is going to be double teamed or box and oned... Cooney is going to be all by his lonesome raining down 3s at a ridiculous rate. And finally, We won the entire enchilada last time he was on the team so he is a proven commodity in Orange.

Hard to argue against having Carmelo, but Ennis or MCW would fill the other glaring need.

No offense, but this is a silly question, of course they would become favorites immediately.

Any of the players mentioned in the OP would make a lower level mid-major program into a contender if not favorite overnight

Hard to argue against having Carmelo, but Ennis or MCW would fill the other glaring need.

That was my thinking for picking MCW. He was good at driving and feeding the big men.

Putting Lebron on any top half NBA team would make them favorites ... I'm pretty sure putting him on any college team would have a similar effect.

He would average 40 points, 20 rebounds, 8 assists, 6 steals and 6 blocks a game.

or Marc Gasol on UNC

im not talking about those guys when they were in college...i mean take them right now.

Melo.

or Marc Gasol on UNC

Lebron on any team and they are the clear favorites.

Anthony Davis would be a Senior if he stayed in school he answered this question by his 2012 college season.

Kyle Korver on Brigham Young.

With the mickey mouse 3 pt line in college, any +40% 3pt NBA shooter would be the most ridiculously amazing college basketball player.

I mean Christ, Korver would average 30ppg, minimum.

With the mickey mouse 3 pt line in college, any +40% 3pt NBA shooter would be the most ridiculously amazing college basketball player.

I mean Christ, Korver would average 30ppg, minimum.

Probably should have left he Syracuse element out of it as this has become a referendum on who wants melo back on syracuse

from those that did answer the question, it seems the majority (or actually all?) believe the answer is YES.

I would consider taking the best center in the nba and moving rak to the four with this team. Then G could play some more backup guard still and we would have the best center and pf with a strength/size advantage there every night.

Last edited:
Dion Waiters is not a top 50 NBA player right now. If we had him I truly believe we'd be undefeated and probably be the 2nd title favorites to Kentucky.