If your pstate how do handle this going forward | Syracusefan.com

If your pstate how do handle this going forward

kcsu

Living Legend
I was thinking about Pstate today. Football is Pstate. Joe PA is Pstate. Like Basketball at Kansas. Like John Wooden at UCLA. Or the Bear at Alabama. In short football and Joe PA define Pstate. One of my very first games as a kid i think i was 5 was watching Pstate come into Archbold. I will never forget that day simply magic as they were THE rival. Many trips to Happy V and of course the magical game in the dome which to this day is my best ever memory of Syracuse football. So Pstate and all of its glory for basically all of modern time is tied to Joe Pa. Every accomplishment, every great moment is tied to a tainted and fallen Icon. Forever destroyed never the same never to be repaired. Other schools including Cuse have gone through bad periods. The black player walk out on Ben, NCAA sanctions against Jim, and to a much lesser extent our recent football woes. Still to have your entire history destroyed your identity as an institution wiped out with no chance of repair is something that is unprecedented.

I was thinking about Pstate today. Football is Pstate. Joe PA is Pstate. Like Basketball at Kansas. Like John Wooden at UCLA. Or the Bear at Alabama. In short football and Joe PA define Pstate. One of my very first games as a kid i think i was 5 was watching Pstate come into Archbold. I will never forget that day simply magic as they were THE rival. Many trips to Happy V and of course the magical game in the dome which to this day is my best ever memory of Syracuse football. So Pstate and all of its glory for basically all of modern time is tied to Joe Pa. Every accomplishment, every great moment is tied to a tainted and fallen Icon. Forever destroyed never the same never to be repaired. Other schools including Cuse have gone through bad periods. The black player walk out on Ben, NCAA sanctions against Jim, and to a much lesser extent our recent football woes. Still to have your entire history destroyed your identity as an institution wiped out with no chance of repair is something that is unprecedented.
I'm so old that I recall Rip Engel.The man was always a gentleman when he visited Syracuse. I remember when he retired and Paterno was named. As a relatively young kid I remember the resentment i felt for Paterno coming in and replacing a coach I respected.:mad:

they could start with tearing down his statue the day after his funeral. they almost did that already until some big donors threatened to pull their money.

you start slowly by selling photos of the dead iconic helper of pervs-

next you contact a certain church in italy and ask how to make this into a vendetta against them instead of those who were hurt-

then pay out as little money as you can

I dont think they will ever recover in our life time.

I dont think they will ever recover in our life time.
Sure they will. They are the state university in a football state that will pay out millions in $ and begin to win games in which case this memory wil just be a memory. Watch how fast this happens.couchburn

Im not sure Cali it is going to be tought to wipe out close to 50 years of history overnight

Too soon? Maybe, but imo O'Brien's job just got easier. With Joe Pa gone alot of the animosity around the program will dissipate. Right or wrong he was the face of the program the scandal heck the university. That face is now gone and OB will be able to rebuild without JoePa sitting in his living room a copupel blocks away. A huge shadow has been removed. Still will be a tough job, but not as tough imo.

it won't matter that much. state college is a very unusual place, it is essentially a city comprised of college kids. i can say the same thing over and over but it won't sink in, people that went to penn state are REALLY excited about the fact that they went to penn state. moreso than an outsider could ever recognize. now, if anything, they as a fanbase will be even more hellbent on having a football program. they aint going away.

Im not sure Cali it is going to be tought to wipe out close to 50 years of history overnight
Watch and see.$ and pride will make this less memorable as their last fumble.:p

they could start with tearing down his statue the day after his funeral. they almost did that already until some big donors threatened to pull their money.
I just heard /read tha the state is flying the flag at half mast for Paterno. I think it goes way beyond BS If it were for a kid killed in combat in Afganistan or Iraq I would say yes its a small gesture of appreciation but for Joe Paterno? Not a freaking chance. I've had enough of him and the idiots who still worship the ground he walked on. If they want to see Joe let them "go to hell"!:mad: