If | Syracusefan.com

If

Totally agree. But we won’t be terrible non conference like this year so the fans will get their hopes up when we are undefeated and ranked in early December only for the team to go 6-14 in the ACC or something like that.

FSU and Duke lose a lot. They will replace some guys, but the talent level isn't going to be much better. Teams will have to get better the old fashioned way.

If Jim doesnt land a stud grad transfer, next year will be more of the same most likely much worse in conference as most teams will be improved. It might be ugly.

Relying on transfers is another issue we have. Shows the coaching staff can't develop players.

FSU and Duke lose a lot. They will replace some guys, but the talent level isn't going to be much better. Teams will have to get better the old fashioned way.

Duke has the #2 recruiting class for 2020. FSU signed the #6 player in the country. I think they'll both be okay

Duke has the #2 recruiting class for 2020. FSU signed the #6 player in the country. I think they'll both be okay

yes my point stands. they will be good. lets see what everyone else does.

10 ACC schools currently ahead of us in recruiting rankings. Obviously that's no guarantee on how it all plays out but i'd much rather be 3rd or 4th in the recruiting rankings as opposed to 10th or 11th

Part of that is based on numbers. We are bringing in 2 guys. NC State is bringing in 5. 1 ranked in the top 50.

10 ACC schools currently ahead of us in recruiting rankings. Obviously that's no guarantee on how it all plays out but i'd much rather be 3rd or 4th in the recruiting rankings as opposed to 10th or 11th

Nah, our "diamonds in the rough" will emerge and sparkle like 5 stars, proving those recruiting services/pundits they are full of chit. As has been the mantra on the football side for sometime, this will be our new normal here too. ;):(

If Jim doesnt land a stud grad transfer, next year will be more of the same most likely much worse in conference as most teams will be improved. It might be ugly.
Why cannot we among the "most teams will be improved" grouping?
Personally, I like how this roster is setting up, especially if Hughes stays (1/3 shot IMHO) or Towns comes in. We're going to score some points.

Add Tape (or someone similar) to Marek/Sid/Edwards/JBA and we've got a solid rotation to man the 4/5.
Also, hopeful on Braswell. Kid can play.
(I understand someone could leave beyond #33)

Rampant and blatant cheating with no fear of consequences?

so you don't think things are already ugly?

and yes, hard pass on grad transfers.
This take, and you have had it in the past, is beyond dumb. So if we can get Towns, who was the ivy league player of the year and has two years still remaining, is a hard pass. So, you would not have taken Wes Johnson. He also had two years even though, like any grad transfer would have, only used one. And let's not take Tape if we can. He would be better than any center we have. Maybe the difference between winning some games and losing those games. Yeah, we could have played K Joseph over John Gillon.

Id take a whole new team of transfers. We need a replacement for Hughes desperately. Imagine this year without him. We would be fortunate to win a dozen games. Joe, Buddy, Marek, Sid or any of our current subs or signed recruits are not going to come close to replacing the only NBA talent we have. Hate to say it but without some savior from the Grad ranks we are in for some major beat downs next year. It will be extremely ugly in conference play. BC type Ugly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom