IF... | Syracusefan.com

IF...

BillSU

All American
If only we could have had Bourama this year play like he did his Junior year. I remember watching him and he was special. We would be, IMO, in better shape in the WL column - a shame about his knees.

Junior Year:
Sidibe made his first career start versus VIRGINIA and logged 22 minutes ... He posted a double-double against COLGATE, tallying 12 points on 6-of-6 shooting, and grabbed 14 rebounds ... He had a team-leading 13 rebounds in a win versus OAKLAND ... He notched his second double-double of the season against NIAGARA, recording 10 points and 13 boards in the win ... Sidibe had 12 points to pair with five boards during a victory at NOTRE DAME ... He secured his third double-double (13 points, 10 rebounds) of the season and tied his career high in steals (five) in a win at PITTSBURGH ... Sidibe notched his second consecutive double-double and had a season-high 17 points during a loss against NORTH CAROLINA ... He grabbed 12 boards at BOSTON COLLEGE ... Sidibe secured 10-or-more rebounds (10) for the fifth straight game in an overtime loss at MIAMI ... He became the first Syracuse player to have double-digit rebounds in six straight games since Rick Jackson in 2010-11 when he grabbed 13 boards in an ACC Tournament victory against NORTH CAROLINA ... Sidibe was named to the 2019-20 ACC Academic Honor Roll.

Nah wing is whats killed this team. Jimmy can't defend and if Cole is not red hot on a given night hes not going to help the team. Benny is maybe the worst scholarship player we have had and there is noone else at those 2 positions.

I guess Jesse could have played the 4.

Our centers have been fine.

Nah wing is whats killed this team. Jimmy can't defend and if Cole is not red hot on a given night hes not going to help the team. Benny is maybe the worst scholarship player we have had and there is noone else at those 2 positions.

Moyer, Washington, Goodine, Brennan-McBride, Greg Davis, Sean Williams, etc.

Hyperventilate much? Just silly.

If only we could have had Bourama this year play like he did his Junior year. I remember watching him and he was special. We would be, IMO, in better shape in the WL column - a shame about his knees.

Junior Year:
Sidibe made his first career start versus VIRGINIA and logged 22 minutes ... He posted a double-double against COLGATE, tallying 12 points on 6-of-6 shooting, and grabbed 14 rebounds ... He had a team-leading 13 rebounds in a win versus OAKLAND ... He notched his second double-double of the season against NIAGARA, recording 10 points and 13 boards in the win ... Sidibe had 12 points to pair with five boards during a victory at NOTRE DAME ... He secured his third double-double (13 points, 10 rebounds) of the season and tied his career high in steals (five) in a win at PITTSBURGH ... Sidibe notched his second consecutive double-double and had a season-high 17 points during a loss against NORTH CAROLINA ... He grabbed 12 boards at BOSTON COLLEGE ... Sidibe secured 10-or-more rebounds (10) for the fifth straight game in an overtime loss at MIAMI ... He became the first Syracuse player to have double-digit rebounds in six straight games since Rick Jackson in 2010-11 when he grabbed 13 boards in an ACC Tournament victory against NORTH CAROLINA ... Sidibe was named to the 2019-20 ACC Academic Honor Roll.

Jesse was top five in FG% in the country and miles better than anyone else on D on this team. Sid isn’t what this team needs to have been better.

Bennie is like a wild stallion. He has to be tamed and groomed. Can’t deny the athleticism. I believe in this young man

Factoring in expectations its Benny in a landslide. Only Sean from that list was worse at hoops and centers often come in not expected to contribute immediately we weren't relying on him.

Goodine had the coaches kid in his position, Moyer had a serious injury and actually had some good games, Washington had actual skills dribbling and passing.

The coach wanted to play Jimmy 30+ all along and Swider was a proven commodity. All he needed in his eyes was his top recruit to give him 15-20 decent minutes per night. Didn't happen.

Our center play has been good and this is Boeheims best shooting team ever.

Factoring in expectations its Benny in a landslide. Only Sean from that list was worse at hoops and centers often come in not expected to contribute immediately we weren't relying on him.

Goodine had the coaches kid in his position, Moyer had a serious injury and actually had some good games, Washington had actual skills dribbling and passing.

The coach wanted to play Jimmy 30+ all along and Swider was a proven commodity. All he needed was his top recruit to give him 15-20 decent minutes per night. Didn't happen.

Washington could functionally pass and dribble - Benny can jump and block shots and defend decent.

I don’t remember Moyer doing anything as a freshman but could be wrong.

Goodine still can’t play, so it wasn’t the coach’s kid blocking his path. He wasn’t good at anything.

McBride, Davis, and Williams were all not good at anything either.

Even if Benny was good and ready, we’d still have 2-3 horrid defenders on the court at all times, so we wouldn’t be all that much better IMO.

The coach wanted to play Jimmy 30+ all along and Swider was a proven commodity. All he needed in his eyes was his top recruit to give him 15-20 decent minutes per night. Didn't happen.

Utter and total horsesh’t.

2010 blew this team away shooting, had 3 guys over 40% from 3, and another at 39%.
Plus TWO centers who both shot 60-something % from the field.

Also, the much maligned Uncle Drew and Gillon team was a vastly superior shooting team as well;
Only this current team has even less athleticism and far worse defense.

Wing and PG - we dont have anyone to break down the D and draw a second defender - we also get zero transition points

Washington was better. McBride? never suited up, bad shoulder but his athletic mesureables were off the chart. I'm thinking of the Canadian recruit that never, played, not the Maine transfer that Iggy idolized.

Everybody wants to be Jordan and nobody wants to be Rodman. Without Rodman, the Bulls wouldn't have been nearly as successful. Roberson, Moyer and Quincy all could have become a Rodman type player, but they wanted to be a scorer. Benny can do all of the rebounding and D too, he should embrace that. The play Benny and James for periods and get the second chance points. Put cole at the 2 guard when Buddy's out.

Everybody wants to be Jordan and nobody wants to be Rodman. Without Rodman, the Bulls wouldn't have been nearly as successful. Roberson, Moyer and Quincy all could have become a Rodman type player, but they wanted to be a scorer. Benny can do all of the rebounding and D too, he should embrace that. The play Benny and James for periods and get the second chance points. Put cole at the 2 guard when Buddy's out.

Cole at the 2 guard? Doesn’t that demand the opposing coach put on a full court press and don’t we become a TO machine at that point?

This is Boeheims best shooting team ever.
Is that what our FG% says? I find it hard to believe the worst team ever in the JB era is also his best shooting team.

I think the only thing Sidibe did better than Jesse is rebound.

Roberson wanted to be a scorer? I don’t remember that narrative.

Thought the guy had a pretty decent career here, he just was limited on offense.

Moyer tried hard but was not skilled or athletically gifted.

Quincy was a pretty good scorer and rebounder.

I don’t see those 3 players as being alike, or as having the ability to “be Rodman” if only they didn’t want to score.

Cole at the 2 guard? Doesn’t that demand the opposing coach put on a full court press and don’t we become a TO machine at that point?
I don't see any difference between him and Buddy. It would be for 5-10 minutes.

I don't see any difference between him and Buddy. It would be for 5-10 minutes.
If we had Flynn, Pearl, Sherman, Autry, K - - - - -, etc. at PG - maybe. Meaning a true PG who can handle the ball and get us into our offense against pressure defense by himself with no help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom