IL Bracketology - Third Look 4/25/19 | Syracusefan.com

IL Bracketology - Third Look 4/25/19

orange79

Internet Sleuth
IL Bracketology: Men's Division I, Third Look

SU falls again - now the 6 seed. Hosting Towson (yay! No Cornell) and providing we win, we play the winner of MD/Hobart at Hofstra.

5cc21f439132d.png

IL Bracketology: Men's Division I, Third Look

SU falls again - now the 6 seed. Hosting Towson (yay! No Cornell) and providing we win, we play the winner of MD/Hobart at Hofstra.

5cc21f439132d.png

That would be a very interesting bracket. Towson and then Likely Maryland if we won, tough draw. Not sure I fully get Yale ahead of SU at this point, outside of the PSU game the wins just aren't there. Have to think that if Penn or Yale lose early in the Ivy league tourney they could drop like a rock. Hard to see UVA getting an 8 if they win a game or two in the ACC tourney.

That would be a very interesting bracket. Towson and then Likely Maryland if we won, tough draw. Not sure I fully get Yale ahead of SU at this point, outside of the PSU game the wins just aren't there. Have to think that if Penn or Yale lose early in the Ivy league tourney they could drop like a rock. Hard to see UVA getting an 8 if they win a game or two in the ACC tourney.
Yale is 5 in RPI, two spots ahead of SU. It seems RPI is used greatly in seeding, so in that sense, it makes sense.

Other than that, I agree. Yale has 1 top 5 win (Penn St) and 2 top 20 wins (Cornell, UMass). SU has 1 top 5 win (Duke), and four top 20 wins (Cornell, Hop, Army, and UNC). Maybe because it's PSU's only loss?
1556227491280.gif

What I don't get is Cornell's inclusion. I know they are 12 in RPI, but all they have to hang their hat on are wins over ND (top 10) and Towson (top 20). I think it boils down to no one else having a resume that clearly says, "Team X should be in over Cornell."

Yale is 5 in RPI, two spots ahead of SU. It seems RPI is used greatly in seeding, so in that sense, it makes sense.

Other than that, I agree. Yale has 1 top 5 win (Penn St) and 2 top 20 wins (Cornell, UMass). SU has 1 top 5 win (Duke), and four top 20 wins (Cornell, Hop, Army, and UNC). Maybe because it's PSU's only loss? View attachment 161133

What I don't get is Cornell's inclusion. I know they are 12 in RPI, but all they have to hang their hat on are wins over ND (top 10) and Towson (top 20). I think it boils down to no one else having a resume that clearly says, "Team X should be in over Cornell."

For sure that PSU win is carrying a lot of weight. It certainly is impressive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom