I'll eat crow | Syracusefan.com

I'll eat crow

Thought there was no way we could lose this game. Disappointing as hell we didnt show up tonight.
Pretty much the worst game SU has played all year. 21 three's, four makes. Someone needs to tell these guys they're not real good at shooting threes. Get to the hole, and distribute. No one did that tonight.Lazy, BS defense by pretty much everyone. Not sure if they were reading this board before the game, but they sure came out thinking they could just show up and win. That was pathetic.

No pressure on the ball handler at the top of the zone. Boatwright and Napier did what they wanted all night.

Thought there was no way we could lose this game. Disappointing as hell we didnt show up tonight.
Well, they played a team that could get to the Final Four tonight. SU? Not so much...

As longtime SU fans we should have known to be nervous after we shot so well from three point range last game. Year after year we have a hot game shooting from three and come out firing the next game. Many times we overcome this, but I can remember a lot of times where things end like they did tonight.

Not that shooting threes is the only reason we lost. Poor effort on the glass was big as well as terrible overall shot selection.

Not only did we play (and shoot badly) but we played stupidly and that's more disappointing. I can't believe the consistently awful shot selection. We got beat on the boards by a bunch of scrubs. UGH!!

Well, they played a team that could get to the Final Four tonight. SU? Not so much...
the ONLY wey uconn gets to the FF is if they buy tickets!

Can't see the avatar very well... What's the pic?

I'll take their guards over MCW and Triche anytime. They always play hard and they play quick. There is nothing quick about our guards.

Pretty much the worst game SU has played all year. 21 three's, four makes. Someone needs to tell these guys they're not real good at shooting threes. Get to the hole, and distribute. No one did that tonight.Lazy, BS defense by pretty much everyone. Not sure if they were reading this board before the game, but they sure came out thinking they could just show up and win. That was pathetic.
Alot of selfish play tonite. No excuse for this. Kids acted like this was an early season game against Potsdam St. They clearly could have used a history lesson...Oh they got one, my bad.

in all fairness,the way Boeheim coached tonight he might have felt the same way.He needed to change the tempo in the first half and didn't...put the damn press on and get the blood moving

Not bad for a "mid major", eh?

It's as if the coaches and players who walk about what a great job Ollie is doing know more than message board posters. What a concept.

Not bad for a "mid major", eh?

It's as if the coaches and players who walk about what a great job Ollie is doing know more than message board posters. What a concept.

Good game, enjoy the biggest win for the foreseeable future. It's nice to be the National Championship game for Nova/Pitt and UConn.

Good game, enjoy the biggest win for the foreseeable future. It's nice to be the National Championship game for Nova/Pitt and UConn.

When you have more National Championships than the team you are trying to put down you can say that. Wow, just sad otherwise.

Thought there was no way we could lose this game.

I did. Earlier this season they beat the best team in the Big10, Michigan St, and they don't have any bad losses. I wish they could play in the NCAA tournament, it'd be interesting to see how well they'd do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom