I'll give credit where credit is due | Syracusefan.com

I'll give credit where credit is due

Greg Doyel can be a huge tool, but in his midwest regional preview he does bring up the fact that #1 UNC playing #2 Kansas in St. Louis may be a tad unfair. We'll see if other talking heads bring this up like they did with SU and Albany 2003.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...-kansas-figure-to-lock-horns-in-kus-back-yard

Payback? I can't say as I feel sorry for UNC in not getting a favorable locale. If Charlotte had been hosting a regional final they'd have been there.

Gonzaga got screwed too, having to play WVU in Pittsburgh, nothing like giving them a home game.

Why is that more unfair than OSU playing us in Boston?

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

We're the higher seeded team, we are supposed to have the advantage. UNC is the higher seeded team, Kansas is not supposed to have the advantage in that matchup.

That's one of the variables they have to look at, and I don't think there is a clear cut answer. Which is better and considered a greater reward: Being a #1 but in a region away from home, like this? Or being a #2 but in a region closer to home?

That's one of the variables they have to look at, and I don't think there is a clear cut answer. Which is better and considered a greater reward: Being a #1 but in a region away from home, like this? Or being a #2 but in a region closer to home?

If you could be the #1, but only if we went out West or the #2 in Boston this season which would be more advantageous to us? I'd take the 2 in Boston, so long as it isn't against UK or another team that is head and shoulders better than the field (as there have been in other years).

Maybe they're balancing the fact that UNC gets their 1st two rounds in Greensboro? SU never gets to play any games in Oswego.

Why is that more unfair than OSU playing us in Boston?

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

B/C SU is the #1 seed. The media bricks in 2003 b/c SU was a lower seed playing close to home in Albany. I thought that nobody would say anything about Kansas this year so I'm pointing out that somebody did.

Poor UNC. A few years ago we hadthe North Carolina double/double. First weekend in Raleigh or Greensboro, regional in Charlotte.

Why are there ALWAYS first weekend games in North Carolina, with UNC and Duke playing there? I understand they are usually high seeds, but still. Seems odd they basically get home courts all the time and always have games in their home state.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom