I'll probably get crucified for saying this... | Syracusefan.com

I'll probably get crucified for saying this...

Eric15

Living Legend
But I love the fact that Georgetown is on a tear right now (8 in a row assuming they beat Depaul this week) and will probably be ranked in or near the Top 10 in the newly released poll. For nostalgic purposes, this rivalry deserves to have it's final installment in the Dome be a showdown with massive Big East and national implications.

Agreed. Plus I'll be at the Hoya game and a highly ranked Georgetown will make that environment extra special. But once game day is here I hope we beat them by 40

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

But I love that fact that Georgetown is on a tear right now (8 in a row assuming they beat Depaul this week) and will probably be ranked in or near the Top 10 in the newly released poll. For nostalgic purposes, this rivalry deserves to have it's final installment in the Dome be a showdown with massive Big East and national implications.

I agree 100%. The bigger they are the harder they fall.

Yeah, I hope we beat the snot out of them both here and there so that JB at his final press conference can say, "Georgetown is officially closed!"

I agree 100%. The bigger they are the harder they fall.

First things first: let's take care of business against Providence. Can't afford to stub our toe in a winnable game at home.

THEN turn our attention to the hated Hoyas.

First things first: let's take care of business against Providence. Can't afford to stub our toe in a winnable game at home.

I agree. This game wont be easy Wednesday night. I hope we dont look ahead. Should be an eye opener after what they did to ND.

But I love the fact that Georgetown is on a tear right now (8 in a row assuming they beat Depaul this week) and will probably be ranked in or near the Top 10 in the newly released poll. For nostalgic purposes, this rivalry deserves to have it's final installment in the Dome be a showdown with massive Big East and national implications.

F' Georgetown. That is all.

Wasn't Georgetown the last team to beat us at home before we ripped off these 37 in a row?

They deserve a pasting.

Here is the thing with Providence and this is why the game worries me.

Providence is MUCH better than their 14-10 record and 6-7 in conference. They had beat and have played a lot of close conference games this year (and are currently on a 4 game conference winning streak). Their RPI is rising game by game (currently at 86) and their BPI is 59. This team has a lot of winnable games after our game (they finish up with Rutgers, St Johns, Seton Hall and ). If they knock us off Wednesday night they could realistically run the table which would put them at 9 wins in a row and an NCAA bid would then become a definite possibility.

Ed Cooley also has his team now defending the basketball which makes them even more dangerous. This game, even though Vegas will tell you differently, will be very stressful.

Marsh- As much as I strive to be to Georgetown what you are to , I never want to see them do well, so with that in mind,.....F GEORGETOWN!!

One of my good friends won an auction to procure tickets for the Georgetown game. He'll be seated on court, alongside the SU bench.

Epic.
Is he the same guy that had the awesome courtside seats at the Seton Hall game? I saw the security people making sure that his seat was close enough to the action.

Not worried about providence, but fans need to show up. A midweek game against an average team usually means you get the calm not drunk b crowd. Fans need to be into this game. We need to support the teammate.
I expect cj and Brandon to have big games. The buildup to Saturday is going to be tremendous, moreso for the fans, not the players. We need to show up Wednesday as well.