I'll take the ratio of 8 kids from Florida, Georgia and California vs only three from NYS any day. | Syracusefan.com

I'll take the ratio of 8 kids from Florida, Georgia and California vs only three from NYS any day.

SU should be getting 3 to 5 of the 10 best kids in NYS every year. It should also be looking to get 5 kids a year from Florida. That's about 1/2 a class. The rest you work out from Pa, NJ, NE and Oh. My guess is that the Georgia and Cali Juco's kids go away and there is more mid west emphasis.

The rest you work out from Pa, NJ, NE and Oh.

You have to wonder if the ACC move changes that thinking (if you look at the breakdown of this years class) as we also got kids from Maryland, Virginia and North Carolina.

Biggest issue I have with the new staff...it is built for success in the B1G not the ACC. We need the last hire to have deep connections to NY or NJ.

You have to wonder if the ACC move changes that thinking (if you look at the breakdown of this years class) as we also got kids from Maryland, Virginia and North Carolina.

I should have been clearer, the surrounding states form the rest of your core area. You need to work Md, DC, Va, NC and Ga for targets of opportunity along with Texas and California.

And I have no problem with going for 3-5 Juco's a year to balance out the roster. I hope the relationships with NCC, ASA, and the Cali schools stay in place. We'll see.

Biggest issue I have with the new staff...it is built for success in the B1G not the ACC. We need the last hire to have deep connections to NY or NJ.
sign of things to come? What does the administration know?????

sign of things to come? What does the administration know?????

The band form in the college bars of Illinois and Michigan, that's why.

Sort of like REO Speedwagon.

While midwest centric it might not be as bad as it seems:

Bollough comes via the Browns with the 5 years prior at UCLA.

McDonald has 4 years at Stanford and 2 years at Miami. And somewhere along the way he's obviously formed some incredible relationships in Florida that I think transcend his stint at Miami.

DeAndre Smith spent 4 of the last 5 years in New Mexico and Nevada.

Lea spent 3 of the last 4 years at UCLA

Perles while a big ten guy was an all state football player out of Pittsburgh. So he should be able to recruit that area for us and we really need to get back into Western PA.

Smith and Lester know Chicago. The good thing about Chicago is that I don't find it to be solely a Big 10 town. Chicago kids seem to go all over the place when it comes to recruiting. I have no problem with putting some resources out there. And it should be a direct flight (wink).

We still have one opening - it would be nice for it to be a guy from NJ or the Mid Atlantic.