Illegal Screens | Syracusefan.com

Illegal Screens

Entropic

All Conference
I've seen it a lot through the tourney and some are worse than others but can we stop with the illegal screens. We only got called I think once last game but it could be called a lot more often because most guys don't screen and then roll... they screen while rolling.

Additionally... while are we doing it anyway if are not going to pass it to the roller anyway? Just bizarre. It doesn't even provide a solid pick on the defender. Flipping get wide and hammer the guy. Make him work around you and then roll. It gives the ball handler more time to move away and physically and mentally gets in the head of the defender who keeps getting drilled.

If you aren’t screening but only running up the middle of the court turning around running back never even touching anyone I don’t think it’s illegal. I don’t think it even has a name. Looks more than half the time a fake high screen. :pI think anyone screening who got the ball would get hit in the face shocked they ever got a pass. It’s more like a clear out of the middle in case the guard turns the corner and gets in the lane.

We're not exactly Karl Malone and John Stockton out there!

The most frustrating thing for me is we get moving screens set on us all game and they don't get called and then they call them against us. I don't know if it is a zone thing or why but it drives me nuts.

Chevy Troutman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom