I'm comfortable calling La Tech a "must-win" | Syracusefan.com

I'm comfortable calling La Tech a "must-win"

Eric15

Living Legend
I just can't foresee a scenario where we lose this game, lose at Villanova, and are able to put together a strong enough ACC campaign to get an at-large bid in the tournament.

All hyperbole aside, this is a must-win.

A top-4 finish will always suffice, and 5th is probably safe. But if you're gonna finish in 6th-7th place in a conference, 5 losses OOC would be playing with fire.

Last edited:
None of this will matter when we win the ACC tournament.

This is a must win. Maybe not "mathematically", but realistically.

Anyone who somehow doesn't think so hasn't been watching.

None of this will matter when we win the ACC tournament.

That would be amazing - but I don't want our fate to rely on winning 4 games in 4 days.

We don't have a bad loss yet. LA Tech wouldn't necessarily be a bad loss, but it might look like one. So, I do agree that we need this win.

meh, not a must-win. I fully expect we will win comfortably, though.

I guess it depends on how you define it. If we consider this game a must-win, we have to consider every remaining OOC game a must-win. That detracts from the meaning of the term, IMO.

We don't have a bad loss yet. LA Tech wouldn't necessarily be a bad loss, but it might look like one. So, I do agree that we need this win.
No bad losses in terms of losing to weak teams (although Michigan may prove to be one) like NJIT or EMU.
But each loss was really bad in terms of how we played down the stretch: disappearing against Cal, throwing the ball away against Michigan and getting 6 points in the final 6:47 plus some pathetic zone defense against SJU.

Hope the team had a good week of practice...because we really need it.

No bad losses in terms of losing to weak teams (although Michigan may prove to be one) like NJIT or EMU.
But each loss was really bad in terms of how we played down the stretch: disappearing against Cal, throwing the ball away against Michigan and getting 6 points in the final 6:47 plus some pathetic zone defense against SJU.

Hope the team had a good week of practice...because we really need it.
Playing bad down the stretch is an issue, but not really a selection committee criteria is what I meant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom