I'm confused......Again | Syracusefan.com

I'm confused......Again

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
So I was under the impression that when a player is injured and cannot shoot free throws the opposing coach selects the player to fill in. Don't thing Boeheim chose Kangu, a 77% shooter who was not even on the court to take the free throws. Then I thought a player who enters the game cannot be substituted for if no time runs off the clock.

I'm sure I'm wrong on both of these, otherwise how could a 77% shooter come of the bench when Hill-Mais was bloodied up and drain two free throws, then be removed before play resumed?

So I was under the impression that when a player is injured and cannot shoot free throws the opposing coach selects the player to fill in. Don't thing Boeheim chose Kangu, a 77% shooter who was not even on the court to take the free throws. Then I thought a player who enters the game cannot be substituted for if no time runs off the clock.

I'm sure I'm wrong on both of these, otherwise how could a 77% shooter come of the bench when Hill-Mais was bloodied up and drain two free throws, then be removed before play resumed?
I think that's true for the NBA - I don't think in college ball, opposing teams get to choose the player.

At the time the announcer said it was Oakland's coach's choice to pick. As far as him leaving the game before play resumes, I don't know the rule on that.

Blood rule supersedes. Because he was bleeding the substitution was allowed

Blood rule supersedes. Because he was bleeding the substitution was allowed

That's why Hill-Mais came out. Doesn't answer why Kangu came out after he made the free throws.

And according to this site: Basketball Substitution Rules

" In high school, the player’s coach selects a substitute for the injured player. In college and the NBA, the opposing coach is permitted to choose any member of the opposing team on the bench to substitute for the injured player. "

If the player can shoot the free throws if he was not bleeding and has to come out of the game because of blood them the substitution rule is superseded.

I believe the substitution rule for no time coming off of the clock is that you cannot re-enter a game after coming out until the clock has started back up. I don't think the rule covers coming back out of a game before the clock starts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom