I'm confused re: Maui Invitational | Syracusefan.com

I'm confused re: Maui Invitational

Eric15

Living Legend
Right now, Florida Atlantic is playing at UNC on ESPNU and it says it's the Maui Invitational. What's that about?

They have preliminary games that don't mean anything, in the sense that UNC is moving onto to Maui even if they lose today.

Just like SU is playing at MSG vs. Temple in the Gotham Classic even if they lose in the preliminaries vs. Alcorn St., Detroit and the other team (Canisius?).

I would rather not play the Alcorn State game. That game will be RPI kryptonite for us as they will probably have an RPI of plus 200 and no matter how much we win by will cause our RPI to go down. These non-MAUI games are to give the participants extra home games that only count as 1 game in the NCAA limit. UNC plays 3 games in Maui and gets 2 extra home games that count as 1 game total.

I would rather not play the Alcorn State game. That game will be RPI kryptonite for us as they will probably have an RPI of plus 200 and no matter how much we win by will cause our RPI to go down. These non-MAUI games are to give the participants extra home games that only count as 1 game in the NCAA limit. UNC plays 3 games in Maui and gets 2 extra home games that count as 1 game total.

I think the teams going to Maui only get 1 game on the mainland, for a total of 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom