I'm confused | Syracusefan.com

I'm confused

Aweart23

2nd String
Who is the winner of the 2010 Ohio State v. Penn State game now?

First Ohio State was the winner...38-14

But then the NCAA said Ohio State was bad, very bad

and Penn State was declared the winner...

Now Penn State is not the winner either...

:confused:

So who is the winner????????

Once again, vacating a win does not suddenly make the losing team the winner. They still lost. At no time was Penn State ever declared the winner of that game. What you're thinking of is a forfeit, which wasn't what happened to either Ohio State or Penn State. Officially, it's like Ohio State never even played that game, but Penn State still did and lost. Hope that helps!

I don't really care. I would care if Syracuse was one of the two teams in contention but we weren't. Let the Bucks and Nits scratch each other's eyes out over this this one -- NOMB.

Once again, vacating a win does not suddenly make the losing team the winner. They still lost. At no time was Penn State ever declared the winner of that game. What you're thinking of is a forfeit, which wasn't what happened to either Ohio State or Penn State. Officially, it's like Ohio State never even played that game, but Penn State still did and lost. Hope that helps!

I think that concept is so dumb. If there isn't a winner, how can there be a loser? They should just nullify the game for historical W/L purposes but allow the statistics to still count depending on what is being penalized. PSU's players shouldn't lose their statistics for those games, but if a player that was playing was ineligible or something along those lines then the stats should be wiped as well.

You can't be "confused. Thats my
Who is the winner of the 2010 Ohio State v. Penn State game now?

First Ohio State was the winner...38-14

But then the NCAA said Ohio State was bad, very bad

and Penn State was declared the winner...

Now Penn State is not the winner either...

:confused:

So who is the winner????????
job and I don't intend to relinquish it at this time. Come back later and file your application.:cool: