im crazy | Syracusefan.com

im crazy

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
yeah yeah yeah i know, i think it bothers me more or just as much as jb that pitino owns jb lately. its got to be burning a hole in jb's pocket just thinking about it. and some people think we dont need to win this one :crazy:. the only bad win is the one that doesnt happen.

Look no further than JB's rant at Donna last season to know its bugging him.

We dont need to win it in the sense that its not gonna hurt us in the grand scheme of things. We're still in line for a 1 seed win or lose, i could honestly care less about the overall #1 seed. Im sure scoop and kris jo and jb are taking this game a little personal and want this game very bad, but losing at louisville is not gonna hurt us much, as long as we take care of business the rest of the way. I had them losing at lousiville, at uconn, and 1 other game along the way to finish 15-3. So tonite's game is gravy for me. If we win it ill be ecstatic, but if we lose it im not gonna jump off a bridge, which im sure is what this board will look like if we lose.

I wrote last week that the next three games (Georgetown, UConn, Louisville) would tell me more about this team than the previous 24 had . . . well, this one game alone might tell me more than the previous 26.

On paper, this is by far the most significant test of the year. If you look at the Massey ratings, which averages dozens of individual ratings services to give you a single good summary, you see that #17 Louisville is the only team in the Top 40 that Syracuse will play (at full strength*) in a road or neutral game this year.

*Notre Dame is currently sitting at 40, but for purposes of understanding how our team stacks up, I choose to discount it.

If I didn't know who wrote this I would've sworn it was a Cali post. I do agree with the sentiment, though. I hate the 'Ville and want to beat them at their place so bad.

This will be the toughest regular season game of the year, no doubt. If we win this game, against a team that owns us, against a team thats hot, against a team that always peaks at the end of the year, in a very loud and hostile enviornment, ill put us as the favorites to win the whole thing.

IDK Duke won it all 2years ago after losing every tough road game they played. If we can coast to a #1 seed by taking care of business at home and avoiding bad road losses, oh well, I'll take it.

If we win this game, against a team that owns us, against a team thats hot, against a team that always peaks at the end of the year, in a very loud and hostile enviornment, ill put us as the favorites to win the whole thing.
who are you trying to kid, Corduroy? You have had SU has favorites to win the whole thing since the Albany game

This game is important because our lead against ND is really a game and a half, since they have the tie-breaker. We lose this and they are a 1/2 game behind us and we have a sweat. ND's schedule is very favorable; they may only lose 1 game the rest of the way.

What we have to do to win this game is play great defense from the start. I doubt they can shut down our offense as easily as they have some other teams (UConn) -- but I don't know if we can score enough points to beat them unless we play their shooters tight right from the get-go. I think last time we played them we shot 45%.

The reason for this is that they shoot out of their a**es when they play us -- especially at the Dumb center. Kuric is good, against SU he plays like Jeremy Lin. Siva is normally a dime guy, against us he will make 3's. Daeng is learning, against us he will look experienced. Smith has been a good spark off the bench, against us he will not miss from outside. They will also use pressure to turn us over -- so they can score in transition. Easy buckets will make the crowd a factor. Since Burr is officiating, we can be assured of 3 phantom whistles on Melo, and a couple of bizarro out of bounds calls.

Basically, the only thing that will prevent another Home job at the Dumb Dumb is defense and rebounding. We can afford to be patient on offense -- the longer we have it the less time they get to chuck.

At the end of the day, this will be a huge test, not because LV is a great team, but because they play like a great team when they play us. So be it.

PS.
If Pitino comes out in his Colonel Sanders white 2-piece I'm going to toss it on my couch.

I am right with you, after a Championship and a BET championship, there was nothing I wanted more than to beat the Ville twice this season

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom