I'm done with college basketball | Syracusefan.com

I'm done with college basketball

mantonio

Starter
I will only watch a Syracuse game, no others.

These officials are under orders to support only pre-selected teams.

Louisville was the darling, so they get the calls after mugging everyone on every possession. The good news is, this Louisville program will be nothing more than mediocre after this.

Filthy Pitino will leave for greener pastures now that he got what he wanted.

He's not going anywhere Mantonio. I despise them as much as anyone but you must give them some credit. You can't indict the entire team.

There were horrible calls both ways in that game... It's not Louisville's fault. The final 4 was riddled with bad officiating, and yet was still one of the best set of 3 final 4 games I have ever seen. Maybe THE best set of 3 FF games.

There were horrible calls both ways in that game... It's not Louisville's fault. The final 4 was riddled with bad officiating, and yet was still one of the best set of 3 final 4 games I have ever seen. Maybe THE best set of 3 FF games.
I agree! The ironic thing was how bad the elite 8 games were.

The officials called too many fouls in the 1st half. They didn't want to foul everyone out so they stopped calling fouls. Pretty ugly situation. Behanon got fouled at least 6 times on that one put back.

Mantonio dude calm down, we know you bleed more Orange than anybody in this world. I love your passion and energy you have for Syracuse University, let your Louisville fan talk crap and just ignore him or make Rick Pitino 15 second jokes. Just ignore him and move on. My girlfriend's brother is a Michigan alum and he talked a lot of crap to me and I had to take on Saturday I didn't like it, but sometimes you gotta take your medicine and move on. Just remember 4-7-03 and don't worry about it.

The officials called too many fouls in the 1st half. They didn't want to foul everyone out so they stopped calling fouls. Pretty ugly situation. Behanon got fouled at least 6 times on that one put back.
And one of the one's not called would have benched McGary.

I got 3 distinct calls that Michigan got away with.

In the first half, there was the kick ball on McGary, when Russ went to the hole and got leveled. Then in the second half the Obvious Hardaway push off.

Not to say Ville got calls too, 2 of Burkes fouls, one on Hancock and other on Siva clean block.

Those are some I remember, but to say Ville got all the calls is BS!!

Horrible calls both ways.

Officiating is bad at times in all sports. I don't think I've ever once thought of giving up that sport entirely. Need to keep things in perspective. Relax.

I for one didn't tune in to Monday's game. As soon as Syracuse basketball plays their last game of the season, it's time for my attention to flip over to the New York Mets.

This year, there was some crossover. Due to how good our program is, if I'm waiting, it's usually only for a week or so.

I for one didn't tune in to Monday's game. As soon as Syracuse basketball plays their last game of the season, it's time for my attention to flip over to the New York Mets.

This year, there was some crossover. Due to how good our program is, if I'm waiting, it's usually only for a week or so.

i really like matt harvey

I do too. I think our target is 2014 with a rotation of Harvey, Niese, Gee and Wheeler.

Need some OFers before then though!

I posted this in another thread, but it fits here too:

Been saying it all year. College basketball has become football with hoops. If Syracuse is not playing i cannot watch it anymore.

-horrifically low scoring games
-inconsistent reffing
-endless parade of commercials and timeouts
-too much physicality (ie clutching and grabbing defenses)
-oversaturation with games on everyday on numerous channels
-conference realignment/now defunct rivalries

College basketball has become a terrible sport to watch. Which is a shame because it was the best not too long ago.

I posted this in another thread, but it fits here too:

Been saying it all year. College basketball has become football with hoops. If Syracuse is not playing i cannot watch it anymore.

-horrifically low scoring games
-inconsistent reffing
-endless parade of commercials and timeouts
-too much physicality (ie clutching and grabbing defenses)
-oversaturation with games on everyday on numerous channels
-conference realignment/now defunct rivalries

College basketball has become a terrible sport to watch. Which is a shame because it was the best not too long ago.

and yet I watched 5-6 hours of it a day for 5 months. Different strokes for different folks.

Harvey's a beast. It's been a brutal few years since 06 but we seem to be building the right way. If Wheeler and D'Arnaud pan out (although John Buck has been amazing this year), and we can get some consistency out of Ike, and maybe grab one solid bat for the outfield, this team can contend in 2014.

Harvey's a beast. It's been a brutal few years since 06 but we seem to be building the right way. If Wheeler and D'Arnaud pan out (although John Buck has been amazing this year), and we can get some consistency out of Ike, and maybe grab one solid bat for the outfield, this team can contend in 2014.

He'll be traded by the deadline. He's a FA after this season.