I'm fine with Coleman starting, but | Syracusefan.com

I'm fine with Coleman starting, but

Cuse4

Scout Team
I really think Grant should get more of his minutes/more minutes overall... This isn't just a one game thing anymore, DC2 struggles on both ends. Grant is without a doubt a better defender and is looking like the better scorer.

They are definitely different types of players, and I'll grant you (see what I did there?) that Jerami fits in the zone MUCH better than Coleman. However, DC is still improving, and he's arguably the best rebounder on the team.

I really think Grant should get more of his minutes/more minutes overall... This isn't just a one game thing anymore, DC2 struggles on both ends. Grant is without a doubt a better defender and is looking like the better scorer.
The problem with that is that Coleman's abilities fill a need on the team. As impressive as Grant looks and as good as he is going to be, we really need Coleman's big body and low-post presence. The sooner DaJuan figures it out, the sooner this team will be completely dominant.

Coleman will be crucial for drawing early fouls late in the season. He seems to have a knack for intentionally drawing fouls on their big men. Guessing its a result of getting hacked for 4 years in HS.

Thank god Coleman can hit free throws. Right now there is absolutely no reason to foul him because he has not demonstrated an ability to hit a layup. However, I think we assume he CAN and WILL hit those shots if guys aren't hacking him. So if they just stop guarding him, a la Craig Forth, he should make them pay. Then it will be back to hacking him. That works for me, because he has started showing his nice stroke from the line (all his FTs last night looked really good, even the misses).

I believe that the game will slow down for DCII within the next ten games. He is finding his role. It will come and he will be a solid contributor the rest of the way.

Coleman is improving slowly every game. The shots may not be falling, but he grabs boards and knows how to use his frame to draw contact unlike any big man we've ever had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom