I'm going to be the "bad cop" for a moment... | Syracusefan.com

I'm going to be the "bad cop" for a moment...

cto

Administrator
The admins and mods here have recently wasted an inordinate amount of time dealing with posters who feel they're entitled to post anything (e.g., racism, ad hominem attacks, redundant nonsense, you name it). When such posters are warned, they threaten law suits, plagues, and worse. Most of you don't see this stuff because the posts are removed quickly, and said posters are handled via private messages. But it is getting old.

These forums are for SU fans (and civil visitors) to share news, insights and opinions in a civil manner. Posting here is not a "right." It is a benefit earned by being civil. If one does not like the forums' rules and standards, he/she will be invited to go elsewhere. We are tired of having to deal with those who use the forums for personal vendettas and other unwelcome agendas.

Last edited:
Okay, anyone that threatens a plague should be given some special elite status on the forum. That's just spectacularly funny. Otherwise, makes sense!

Thanks Admins, for all the hard work you put in! (Seriously - it's appreciated)

Okay, anyone that threatens a plague should be given some special elite status on the forum. That's just spectacularly funny. Otherwise, makes sense!

I couldn’t even wrap my mind around the lawsuit one let alone the plague. A lawsuit for getting your stupid posts deleted? Lol.

The admins and mods here have recently wasted an inordinate amount of their time dealing with posters who feel they're entitled to post anything (e.g., racism, ad hominem attacks, redundant nonsense, you name it). When such posters are warned, they threaten law suits, plagues, and worse. Most of you don't see this stuff because the posts are removed quickly, and said posters are handled via private messages. But it is getting old.

These forums are for SU fans (and civil visitors) to share news, insights and opinions in a civil manner. Posting here is not a "right." It is a benefit earned by being civil. If one does not like the forums' rules and standards, he/she will be invited to go elsewhere. We are tired of having to deal with those who use the forums for personal vendettas and other unwelcome agendas.
Thanks for posting. Out if curiosity, is most of this coming on the off topic forum? Or bball? Just wondering. Maybe it's worse when the team loses.

What happened to the good old days, of doing something stupid, being asked to take a day or two break and simply feeling shame for it and not blaming others.

Pretty much what a forum is, and what Mods do so...

iCmceTT.gif

if someone has the ability and magic to invoke a plague, then they must also have the ability to make our su offense better. please take this as a bonafide request;)

I personally feel validated that I'm within the bounds of community standards. I'm just good old run of the mill eccentric and not over the edge, call the guys with white coats nutz.

The first counter suit filed in such an action would be for attorney's fees, costs and sanctions for frivolous action, and it's a winner.
People need to go back to school and study the first Amendment, what it means, and what it doesn't mean.
They also need to get over themselves. It's a sports forum. We aren't formulating World Peace.

I personally feel validated that I'm within the bounds of community standards. I'm just good old run of the mill eccentric and not over the edge, call the guys with white coats nutz.

I am not so sure that being within the bounds of that standard assures that you are nothing more than "run of the mill eccentric." But, to my knowledge, you are always civil and amusing (unintentionally or not). I am glad you are still with us, CousCuse.

I am not so sure that being within the bounds of that standard assures that you are nothing more than "run of the mill eccentric." But, to my knowledge, you are always civil and amusing (unintentionally or not). I am glad you are still with us, CousCuse.
I'm feeling verklempt.

Actually report them to homeland security and office for deseae controll

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom