I'm guessing the "Orange Bowl" isn't going to work... | Syracusefan.com

I'm guessing the "Orange Bowl" isn't going to work...

uproar84

Walk On
...as a moniker for the annual Clemson/Syracuse series that will kick off this Fall. Any other ideas?

I still remember that 41-0 beatdown on New Year's Day in 1996 like it was yesterday. Anyway, I'm looking forward to dumping College Park-- and arguably the worst fans this side of Morgantown-- and adding you guys and (in 2014) Louisville to the annual schedule. If you can, try to make it down to Clemson next year-- I promise a good time and you'll be treated well. Just hope the game isn't at Noon-- it's just not the same.

...as a moniker for the annual Clemson/Syracuse series that will kick off this Fall. Any other ideas?

I still remember that 41-0 beatdown on New Year's Day in 1996 like it was yesterday. Anyway, I'm looking forward to dumping College Park-- and arguably the worst fans this side of Morgantown-- and adding you guys and (in 2014) Louisville to the annual schedule. If you can, try to make it down to Clemson next year-- I promise a good time and you'll be treated well. Just hope the game isn't at Noon-- it's just not the same.
We remember it as well. Very disappointing effort by our guys. We should have put up 60. This is what happens when you take a foe too:bat: lightly.

Trust me, we know the feeling up here...

How about the Beer Bowl? Do Clemson fans drink beer? Syracuse fans drink more beer than anyone.

We remember it as well. Very disappointing effort by our guys. We should have put up 60. This is what happens when you take a foe too:bat: lightly.
damn freshman QB.

Oh Lord

I plan to go in 2014...Which Denny's do you recommend?:p

I know you have some very good restaurants around Clemson, Seneca and Lake Hartwell but googling: Fine Dining Clemson, SC yielded this result.

Seriously, I'm looking forward to checking out the Esso Club. Are opposing fans tolerated there on game day?

So excited to have Clemson come to the Dome. Hopefully your fans will make the trip up.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I think (or at least I hope) you'll find Clemson's as welcoming as any fanbase in the country. It's a family atmosphere on Gameday and you'll find plenty of other Cuse fans hanging out at the ESSO (it's the one place visiting fans know, so they help pack it). With that said, I would urge you to also take a stroll through the fields & lots adjacent to the stadium, though-- Clemson takes its tailgating seriously and we've got it down to a science. There's no open container citations given out on gamedays, either, so don't worry about taking a roadie everywhere you go.

As for food & drink recommendations:

- Calhoun Corners or Pixie & Bill's for fine dining
- Sardi's Den for BBQ
- Mac's for burgers
- Mellow Mushroom or Peppino's for pizza & beer
- TD's, TTT's, several others for beer & wings
- Waffle House (what else?) for late night breakfast

And, yes, there is a Denny's for Jimmy B.

damn freshman QB.

Oh Lord

Tommy West is still trying to establish the run. Luckily for them, it won't be Tommy West's offense coming to SU next year.

How about the Beer Bowl? Do Clemson fans drink beer? Syracuse fans drink more beer than anyone.

That was true up until a couple years back where WFVU started selling beer again. That said, I might be making a trip to the Clemson game next year because one of my good friends goes to Clemson and I visited Clemson (had a great time, it was during a Zac Brown Band weekend concert) and I was actually really close to going to USC.

The EBO Classic.

The Death Dome Classic.

Yep, this is bad. Calling Strike 1 on myself.

So excited to have Clemson come to the Dome. Hopefully your fans will make the trip up.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I think they will. I was living in Boston at the time BC joined the ACC. FSU and Clemson fans had by far the most representation to games at BC.

I think they will. I was living in Boston at the time BC joined the ACC. FSU and Clemson fans had by far the most representation to games at BC.

Yeah but Boston has just a few more attractions than Syracuse...just saying. IIRC in 2004 FSU brought about 2000 fans. I talked to a few of them and most were transplants to the North. I expect they travel more than any of our former nBE opponents save for WVU. As close as Rutgers and UConn were their travel base was pretty weak.

If I were a fan coming to Syracuse in October or November...I would look at the wineries, Cooperstown, Niagara Falls, Salmon Fishing (if going with a group of guys) and finally Destiny and Turning Stone closer.

Any Stumpies on board? Aren't ESF and Clemson rivals in one of their programs (forestry/construction mgt?) or the lumberjack competitions or something? Bronze up a chainsaw and make a trophy out of it maybe?