I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 95 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

I agree. Not a series I will ever watch a second time.

What about 3 Body Problem? Is anyone actually enjoying this? Feels like I’m only even continuing to give it a chance because of the names behind it.
Finished 3BP. Left me a little cold. I hear the 30 episode Chinese series is better and much more faithful to the trilogy. Also hear that Netflix hasn’t greenlighted the second season yet due to the cost of production.

I agree. Not a series I will ever watch a second time.

What about 3 Body Problem? Is anyone actually enjoying this? Feels like I’m only even continuing to give it a chance because of the names behind it.
I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I really liked the book series.

Yeah I'd like to avoid spoilers. I'm hoping at the end there is a "wowwwwww" type of moment.
Well, finished DARK. Without a doubt the most confusing show I have ever watched. I enjoyed following along, but it became basically impossible to keep it all straight. There was some nice closure to it all, but definitely wish there was a bit more clarity for all the moving pieces, literally. I'm sure ton of theories and discussions online about it, which I'll check out.

Finishing the 2nd season of Life & Beth. Wife and I both love it.

Slowly plugging away at 3 Body Problem. Think we've knocked out 3 or 4 so far. Feel kind of the same as I did about The Regime, that I'm supposed to like it because of Benioff & Weiss so keep watching even though I don't think I do.

Guys on The Watch said Ripley might be the best thing Netflix has made since Mindhunter so looking forward to that.

Finishing the 2nd season of Life & Beth. Wife and I both love it.

Slowly plugging away at 3 Body Problem. Think we've knocked out 3 or 4 so far. Feel kind of the same as I did about The Regime, that I'm supposed to like it because of Benioff & Weiss so keep watching even though I don't think I do.

Guys on The Watch said Ripley might be the best thing Netflix has made since Mindhunter so looking forward to that.

I just came to post about RIPLEY.

The cinematography is stunning. It’s like some of the best b/w photography I e ever seen. It’ly looks amazing.

I had just re-watched The Talented Mr Ripley, so that contrast is fresh in my mind. RIPLEY’s casting is… odd… in comparison. The acting is good, but the series just doesn’t have the same life, magic, charm, spirit of the film. It’s far darker and more somber. Not sure if that means it has more or less fidelity to the book, but I certainly prefer all of the film’s actors and characters to those of the series. By far. Paltrow, like she did in SE7EN, brought so much light and warmth to a dark subject matter. Fanning doesn’t do that. Her affect, as Dickie’s, is extraordinarily flat.

The series is absolutely a must watch. It’s just beautiful. But, don’t let the series substitute for seeing the film.

Anyone start Fallout yet?
Just finished in three sittings. Didn't know anything about it going in, but I really enjoyed it. Good sci-fi. Clever and funny at times. Chris Parnell was great (episode 7) and there was an Erik Estrada appearance!

I just came to post about RIPLEY.

The cinematography is stunning. It’s like some of the best b/w photography I e ever seen. It’ly looks amazing.

I had just re-watched The Talented Mr Ripley, so that contrast is fresh in my mind. RIPLEY’s casting is… odd… in comparison. The acting is good, but the series just doesn’t have the same life, magic, charm, spirit of the film. It’s far darker and more somber. Not sure if that means it has more or less fidelity to the book, but I certainly prefer all of the film’s actors and characters to those of the series. By far. Paltrow, like she did in SE7EN, brought so much light and warmth to a dark subject matter. Fanning doesn’t do that. Her affect, as Dickie’s, is extraordinarily flat.

The series is absolutely a must watch. It’s just beautiful. But, don’t let the series substitute for seeing the film.
My wife and I are enjoying Ripley. Couldn't agree more about the cinematography. Absolutely beautiful. We haven't seen the movie but definitely will now.

We're also watching Palm Royale, which is very meh.

My wife and I are enjoying Ripley. Couldn't agree more about the cinematography. Absolutely beautiful. We haven't seen the movie but definitely will now.

We're also watching Palm Royale, which is very meh.
I enjoyed Ripley. It’s amazing how visually striking it can be despite being black and white.

I enjoyed Ripley. It’s amazing how visually striking it can be despite being black and white.
I have been discussing Ripley with a friend—we were both obsessed with photography back in the pre-digital days. Both extremely impressed by Ripley and the art of it. Even down to trying to figure out which film stock+developer it reminds us of… even though it was shot on digital. Whatever grading and processing they used is phenomenal, and it all really does look like the books I have, shot on film from the 40s through the 90s. I really can’t remember another movie or series that was so beautifully ‘photographed.’ When you say “despite being black and white,” I cringe!

Couple of solid, strong recommendations on Netflix. The wrong side of the tracks, Spanish language, subtitled fantastic show (you can listen to it dubbed in English), and the fall of the House of Usher was even better. Though if you’re a Trump fan you’ll wanna skip the last episode of the one season.

Any feedback on Rebel Moon?
I just watched them both. Second one is better than the first. I enjoyed them, but it's your standard Netflix Sci-fi fare. Was hoping for a little more Zack Snyder gravitas (or production budget.)