I'm not as upset as I should be... | Syracusefan.com

I'm not as upset as I should be...

iommi

Living Legend
Maybe because realistically I knew this team was majorly flawed. It's called acceptance. I'd be happy if we won two more games this season.

We will all get to your state of mind eventually. This just needs to play out in all of our psyches.

We will all get to your state of mind eventually. This just needs to play out in all of our psyches.
You should be hired as board shrink. You always seem to be calm and reasoned.

Maybe because realistically I knew this team was majorly flawed. It's called acceptance. I'd be happy if we won two more games this season.
That and it's freaking college basketball for chrissakes...some people make it seem end of world. Once ao went down a couple years ago I started to not let it bother me.

Still have hope, but have accepted that we just aren't that good.

Right now I'm torn As to whether this will be like 2002 team or the 2009 team. The 02 team completely collapsed. The 09 team Had that really rough stretch where they went 3 and 7. Unfortunately, I feel like there are more similarities to the 2002 team.

Lately, I've been checking the score before going to the DVR. Obviously, this game I won't be watching. This team doesn't give a shEET about winning bball games, so why should I. Looking forward to 2013-14, while this season runs it's course like a balloon with the air escaping. Spring is coming here in the Pacific NW. Great weather today, time to move forward.

I found myself laughing alot. Not sure if that just means these games are making me borderline psychotic or if I dont care because I expect Triche to commit slow motion turnovers and Keita to look like he's imitating a wacky wavy inflatable tube man under the basket.

I found myself laughing alot. Not sure if that just means these games are making me borderline psychotic or if I dont care because I expect Triche to commit slow motion turnovers and Keita to look like he imitating a wacky wavy inflatable tube man under the basket.
Thank you.
Your line about Keita just gave me the first laugh I've had all day...and perhaps the only one I'll have for a while.

I also feel as if I should be feeling worse about the game...sick to my stomach.
It's the biggest embarrassment I've ever seen (worse than the 40 point loss v. DePaul).*
No passion...no fire...no sense of urgency.
Just pathetic.

people often poo poo this karma thing. Today there with all the hoopla and their legends in tow if there is such a thing as karma it's on their side today and it just seems like your on an uphill climb to start. Combined with how we're playing as of late this result was a foregone conclusion (as I told my wife last night when she asked if we had a chance and I said not likely). And/or our own bad karma?

I told a story on here a while back about someone I know who put a curse on us and its working it appears. Or maybe we hit a rough tough stretch in the schedule? Or both? I don't know, just shoot me...

For me reality began to slowly seep in around the middle of February.

Sat, Jan 26 @ Villanova L 75-71 OT 18-2 (6-1)
Sat, Feb 2 @ Pittsburgh L 65-55 18-3 (6-2)
Mon, Feb 4 vs #25 Notre Dame W 63-47 19-3 (7-2)
Sun, Feb 10 vs St. John's W 77-58 20-3 (8-2)
Wed, Feb 13 @ Connecticut L 66-58 20-4 (8-3)
Sat, Feb 16 @ Seton Hall W 76-65 21-4 (9-3)
Wed, Feb 20 vs Providence W 84-59 22-4 (10-3)
Sat, Feb 23 vs #11 Georgetown L 57-46 22-5 (10-4)
Mon, Feb 25 @ #22 Marquette L 74-71 22-6 (10-5)
Sat, Mar 2 vs #10 Louisville L 58-53 22-7 (10-6)
Wed, Mar 6 vs DePaul W 78-57 23-7 (11-6)
Sat, Mar 9 @ #5 Georgetown L 61-39 23-8 (11-7)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom