I'm not finished yet... | Syracusefan.com

I'm not finished yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillSU

All American
This post is part of the thread: Is JB willing/able to assemble a winning roster anymore? I do not wish to continue the thread as it has been locked. But I do wish to make a point. The following is a post in the thread which I object to and wanted to finish my thoughts. The post is from one of the members here HOFCeluck talking about JB :

HOFCeluck
Terrible poster with awful opinions

This is a strawman I’m not asking for a Kentucky or Duke caliber roster and no one else is. But The current class coming in is hardly better (or worse) than how we’ve done the last 4-5 seasons. It’s hardly evidence that JB is upgrading the roster. Simply pointing to the fact that he got five kids to sign LOIs is not gonna cut it to prove he can get it done like he has in the past.

strawman
/ˌstrô ˈman/
a person regarded as having no substance or integrity

HOFCeluck,
I see you edited out the word lazy before the word strawman referring to my friend JB. You have every right to your opinion as does everyone else here. But, did you realize what the word strawman really meant before you penned the post? JB , a strawman? To what level are you going to stoop to make your point? We all get what you want and it probably is time for JB to at least think about retiring but there is nothing you can do about it except rail against him here. I forgive you.

I think people are, on one side, ready to hang Jim at the extreme, there are those also who ask for his retirement at every opportunity. And thankfully, there are those of us who cherish what he’s done for Syracuse University and its basketball program. I’m sorry there is this disparity among the two or three factions but it is what it is and it has been going on for a long time and it will go on as long as JB remains HC at SU. Long reign the king.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom