I'm pretty fired up | Syracusefan.com

I'm pretty fired up

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
The tone of the board has been pretty depressed since the Green shenanigans, but I'm fired up. We've got a game today! I know it is against a 300+ ranked opponent, but I'm a fiend and don't care. Want to see how Chukwu looks and I want to see TT operating at full speed with my own eyes after the foot injury.

The tone of the board has been pretty depressed since the Green shenanigans, but I'm fired up. We've got a game today! I know it is against a 300+ ranked opponent, but I'm a fiend and don't care. Want to see how Chukwu looks and I want to see TT operating at full speed with my own eyes after the foot injury.
126236-Fishing-For-Likes.jpg

;) I'm actually pretty excited to think about an actual basketball game rather than recruiting drama.

There have been many years where we flew under the radar but this year takes it too a new level. I have watched a lot of bball already this year and I hear no mention of SU. Just they way we like it :)

I missed it - is there an update on TT's status?

How can you be excited? I read yesterday that following Syracuse basketball should make you miserable.

Only team I've seen this year that scares me is Kansas. Maybe Duke when healthy def not Kentucky

Duke will get better and they gave Kansas a good run.

UK is hard to really gauge as MSU is struggling mightily to start this season. UK doesn't have a lot of shooting and I think Briscoe likes to shoot too much. They are young and will get better though. I'm looking forward to their game against Lville.

When I watched IU and KU I thought those are two legit teams who have a great chance to make the second weekend in the NCAA's and can beat anyone any given night. IU is missing a true PG, (plus they have Creany) and KU's bigs don't really scare you but I think both squads have enough to be contenders.

Kansas has a great collegiate backcourt. They're tough.

Yes. Physical guys even though they are shorter. Really like Mason and Graham. Josh Jackson looks like he is the real deal. Looks like almost a Wiggins clone the way he moves.

How can you be excited? I read yesterday that following Syracuse basketball should make you miserable.

It should. I heard we just signed Chino 2.0 after losing out on Carmelo 2.0. Combine that with the horrific TT injury the other night and the fact that I'm all out of beer and there's really not much to be excited about these days.

It should. I heard we just signed Chino 2.0 after losing out on Carmelo 2.0. Combine that with the horrific TT injury the other night and the fact that I'm all out of beer and there's really not much to be excited about these days.

You forgot that JB yelled at Gillon who's game will now never be the same. :(

Kansas has a great collegiate backcourt. They're tough.

Yes. However, if our zone is functioning at full strength, I think we frustrate the heck out of those guys and nullify their go-to move (driving headlong at the rim from the top of the key).

Yes. However, if our zone is functioning at full strength, I think we frustrate the heck out of those guys and nullify their go-to move (driving headlong at the rim from the top of the key).

I don't think anyone is saying we couldn't beat them, just that they have been impressive so far and teams with experienced guards like that usually do well in the tourney.

I don't think anyone is saying we couldn't beat them, just that they have been impressive so far and teams with experienced guards like that usually do well in the tourney.

We're on the same page. I also think our zone is not functioning at the required level yet to beat them.

You forgot that JB yelled at Gillon who's game will now never be the same. :(
Wow I kinda feel like that too. His instincts may now be inhibited

"commit to cuse or die" is the phrase i always use in times like this.

We're on the same page. I also think our zone is not functioning at the required level yet to beat them.

I agree about the defense, we would need to outscore any really good opponent at this point to win. We do have that ability though so that's a good thing. It did look better against Monmouth than it has all season and that was the best team we played by far so that is encouraging. I can't wait to see this team when everything comes together.

Last edited:
Wow I kinda feel like that too. His instincts may now be inhibited

I was joking 100%, no way the kid is that soft or he wouldn't have made it this far in D1 bball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom