I'm really hoping that no matter what the rest of the season is not like this. | Syracusefan.com

I'm really hoping that no matter what the rest of the season is not like this.

The Roller Coaster goes up and the Roller Coaster goes down. Right now we are in the down phase. I've seen a few posters suggest that we will be right in the game with UVA. I'm optimistic as we generally play much different at home. Why is CBB so hard on the road.

I'd take a roller coaster ride the rest of the year, because at least that means there are some peaks. We haven't anything resembling a peak yet, unless wins over bad mid-majors (Gtown, UConn) and VTech count.

6uFEAxP.gif

We have been pretty steady and consistent. When we play a decent basketball team we get involved in a rock fight more often than not. Some we win, some we lose.

I'd take a roller coaster ride the rest of the year, because at least that means there are some peaks. We haven't anything resembling a peak yet, unless wins over bad mid-majors (Gtown, UConn) and VTech count.
Well, the roller coaster is going up again. Let's hope it continues upward for a while before it peaks. Not sure which is harder on the system, this or the stock market.

It's what happens to young, inexperienced teams particularly with our scholarship roster size. Progress is never a straight line, it's a series of up and downs over time requiring patience. The difficult transition was anticipated before and at the beginning of the season but seemingly forgotten as the season progresses. Look at the preseason Igor award prediction thread and the records people predicted and this was when it was assumed that we'd have Thorpe and an uninjured Sidibe etc.

It's what happens to young, inexperienced teams.
We're young, inexperienced, and lacking talent (not going to get into the other factors like offensive system). At what point is everyone going to realize that youth and inexperience are common with the most talented teams in this era? It's not an excuse - sure there are outliers - but this is just reality. Can we stop bringing this up as if we get some sort of pass because our best players leave early every year? It's the staff's job to recruit and reload.

At what point is everyone going to realize that youth and inexperience are synonymous with the most talented teams in this era? It's not an excuse - sure there are outliers - but this is just reality. Can we stop bringing this up as if we get some sort of pass because our best players leave early every year? It's the staff's job to recruit and reload.
I cannot stand when Cal uses this excuse at Kentucky and it's even worse when we use it.

Heaven help me if Coach K starts whining about his youth and inexperience.

We're young, inexperienced, and lacking talent (not going to get into the other factors like offensive system). At what point is everyone going to realize that youth and inexperience are common with the most talented teams in this era? It's not an excuse - sure there are outliers - but this is just reality. Can we stop bringing this up as if we get some sort of pass because our best players leave early every year? It's the staff's job to recruit and reload.

The issue is when that young talent isn't as talented as we have had prior as well as talented as other team's young talent or their experienced talent. The roster is a mess right now, I think we all understand that. We have tried to compensate with grad transfers, etc which hasn't worked out all that great. Just need more players, more talent and it looks like it's coming.

Well, the roller coaster is going up again. Let's hope it continues upward for a while before it peaks. Not sure which is harder on the system, this or the stock market.
I'm going to bump this from earlier this month. The roller coaster is back on the upswing. Two big games next week. 1-1 would be good. 2-0 would be great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom