I'm so pissed at this SU team right now | Syracusefan.com

I'm so pissed at this SU team right now

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
Perhaps more pissed at them than any team in Syracuse history. They are absolutely blowing a strong season by not being able to get their together over the past month.

BMK looks like he forgot how to play basketball. Inexcusable for a 4 year senior.
CJ Fair can't hit the broad side of the barn, can't dribble, forgot how to rebound, and tries to do too much.
Cooney went from the best shooter in history to the absolute worst in the span of 2 months
Rak can't figure out how to develop a go to post move, block shots without fouling, and develop a consistent rebounding game.
JB is floundering as a coach right now. He hasn't recovered from the Duke meltdown.

Enough's enough boys. Get your crap together because the clock is ticking. You are playing like a bunch of worthless scrubs right now. Damn they are pissing me off.

pretty fair summary. my beef is with the staff, the team looks lost and that is their fault. aside from that, be careful criticizing keita is all I know.

Keita has been a disaster ... I love his attitude and work ethic but has he improved at all in his time here?

OrangeTarheel said:
Keita has been a disaster ... I love his attitude and work ethic but has he improved at all in his time here?

But he won an award, and it was named after him.

He certainly appeared clueless out there tonight...more like freshman, than what you would envision from a senior.

He is a better free throw shooter. But he can't hold onto the ball long enough to get fouled. Sorry Baye.

But he won an award, and it was named after him.
Wow. D%&K comment. That aside, I agree with the OP. This team started as one of my favorite SU teams to watch ever, to one of the least favorite. I remember when Cooney was drilling 4-5/10 three's per game. If one guy (out of JG, CJ, TE, TC) was off the others would pick him up. Now its seems as if two are off every game. That will not cut it. FSU was not the norm. Tonight was. I will say we absolutely play to the level of our competition and will compete with anyone we play with in the NCAA's. Problem is that could mean a down to the wire game with a 14 seed.

Our problem is very simple..we can't make shots. We can't make open shots. We haven't shot over 40% from the field in the past 9 games. Mostly in the mid to lower 30's.

Way too many empty possessions.

It's out of line to denigrate BMK, as a person. The guy tries. It's like Peter Brady's boss in the bike shop told Peter... "some people are not mechanically inclined." BMK has awful hands and he plays too nice. He doesn't even try to dunk most times. He is what he is. But he tries and has been a credit to the university and the community.

We've overachieved all season. The past month has been awful, but probably more in line with our skill level. It shouldn't be this bad, but having few guys who can actually shoot/score consistently will do this to a team.

I just hope we can have 3-4 guys all on come Thursday.

Marsh01 said:
Weak dude. Id say just stop posting because you really bring nothing tonight based on your 57 "we need to quit the season" posts.

Marsh, sorry, this team brings nothing to the table right now.

I love your optimism. We all do.

But even my wife thinks we suck right now, and that's saying something.

I've been following this team for 40 years. Something is wrong.

cuseguy said:
Marsh, sorry, this team brings nothing to the table right now. I love your optimism. We all do. But even my wife thinks we suck right now, and that's saying something. I've been following this team for 40 years. Something is wrong.

Thats fine. It just does no good to pile on the obvious. We are not playing well right now. Cant deny that.

My only hope is that we get out of conference and somehow find it. Not sure we will but i hope

It's out of line to denigrate BMK, as a person. The guy tries. It's like Peter Brady's boss in the bike shop told Peter... "some people are not mechanically inclined." BMK has awful hands and he plays too nice. He doesn't even try to dunk most times. He is what he is. But he tries and has been a credit to the university and the community.
I don't think I've ever seen Keita with such a clunker. I suspect a undisclosed hand injury and am hoping he can be ready for tourney. As for Rak, since JB threw him under the bus in his presser after the BC loss, he has been a shadow of himself.

Marsh01 said:
Thats fine. It just does no good to pile on the obvious. We are not playing well right now. Cant deny that. My only hope is that we get out of conference and somehow find it. Not sure we will but i hope

Good response. Classy.

I hope so, too.

I was hoping we built something on the FSU game.

I'm terribly concerned.

I don't think I've ever seen Keita with such a clunker. I suspect a undisclosed hand injury and am hoping he can be ready for tourney. As for Rak, since JB threw him under the bus in his presser after the BC loss, he has been a shadow of himself.

Wish I could point to a hand injury. BMK has bad hands. Period. It is tough to watch, but I know he's trying. I do hope Chino can catch.

Last post of the night I promise. Certainly the coaching needs to be questioned. Plays run, Rak not developing and the way he is fouling. Baye being so limited still. Lack of bench.

But, how much can JB and the coaches do when most players can't shoot and dribble? The offense is going to be ugly and a struggle. Probably an accomplishment that we are still a 4 seed and hung on in those close games earlier in the season.

He was just as bad in the Virginia game.

pretty fair summary. my beef is with the staff, the team looks lost and that is their fault. aside from that, be careful criticizing keita is all I know.
Look, Keita must be evaluated and judged in two mutually exclusive areas, as a willing teammate who hustles and gives his all and as a basketball talent only. Tonight he was abysmal as a player. He got an offensive rebound IN THE PAINT with no defender between him and the basket. Rather than simply turning around and putting the ball in the basket UNCONTESTED he attempted a pass toward the top of the key... which turned out to be an area which was exclusively occupied by NORTH CAROLINA STATE players, one of which gleefully was the recipient of Bayes careless turnover and who proceeded to the opposite end of the court to score.

That's 4 years of experience, an important game at the close of the season. I love Baye and all that he has contributed to the program but let's be honest that he has at times been a big liability in that he essentially is not any threat to score and he has a terrible handle and is prone to giving the ball away.

There is plenty of blame to go around for this team and what they have failed to accomplish over the closing portion of the season and as a fan it is very difficult to watch a team which seemed to have so much promise morph into such an inexplicable enigma that is seemingly completely unable to score from pretty much anywhere on the court. Point blank layups... missed over and over, 3 point shots ... airballing and not by just a whisker but by as much as 3 to 8 feet.

As far as the blame, JB needs to assume some of the responsibility with respect to how this team has finished out the season. This team was never the same post DUKE meltdown. There is the question of refusing to developing the bench at the expense of perhaps losing a couple games early on which no person with any semblance of honest appraisal can deny has hurt this program in the past 5 years.

There has been much talk of tired legs etc. That is also a bi product of not developing the bench. As a die hard Orange I will continue to root maniacally for this team but I'm telling you it gets hard to after games like we've been seeing. Really disturbing performances. I really feel badly for the kids at the same time because I know that they really want to do well but for some reason they have not been put in the position to do so. Some answers need to be provided to find out why. This teams collapse has been what many perceptive as epic.

Sorry for the rant but dang it's hard to stomach losing like this. And I don't think those of us who have been around for 40+ years are going to soon forget this team losing to BC and to GT the way they did after having been ranked #1 and considered by many an almost certain contender for the National Title. THAT'S LOSING TO 2 OF THE WORST TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE. I am proud to be Orange but I must admit that I was ashamed at those performances. Simple put THAT SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED. It had to be completely disheartening to this team. Where was the LEADERSHIP? As a matter of fact, Where is it now?

Last edited:
Based on the sheer number of posts in this thread b*tching about BMK just goes to show how many people on this board have absolutely no clue.

BMK is an INSIGNIFICANT part of the problems that this team currently has. How about our other Burger boy center who can't even play a full game without foul trouble?

Keita is what he is, a great kid, but an awful offensive player, with the worst pair of hands I have ever seen. I put the blame on Rak. The kid is at the end of his Junior year, it is time to step up your game.

Based on the sheer number of posts in this thread b*tching about BMK just goes to show how many people on this board have absolutely no clue.

BMK is an INSIGNIFICANT part of the problems that this team currently has. How about our other Burger boy center who can't even play a full game without foul trouble?
I called out Rak in the thread. Outside of TE and Grant, nobody on this team is beyond critique today.

BMK isn't the only problem on this team. The difference is even with all of our issues our guys aren't taking awful shots constantly, we're not turning the ball over a ton, and our defense isn't awful. Missing shots as much as we are is not a good thing, but there is not one other player on this team that makes the mistakes that BMK has made lately. Fumbling the ball when nobody is near him. Going up with a totally clean look to the basket in slow motion and getting the ball rocked out of his hands, and passing the ball when he had nobody near him for a layup to the other team. I don't think he has once stayed on his feet for a pump fake this season. He has regressed from the tournament last year, it's sad to see and say but it is true. When we play 6.5 and he is a part of it, he is a big deal to this team and somebody we need to count on. We can't right now. He isn't the only person that isn't playing up to par, but he is the only one that is giving away the ball constantly.

Keita is what he is, a great kid, but an awful offensive player, with the worst pair of hands I have ever seen. I put the blame on Rak. The kid is at the end of his Junior year, it is time to step up your game.

When does BMK step up his game? Why does he get a free pass?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom