I'm starting to think the reason Hop got out was | Syracusefan.com

I'm starting to think the reason Hop got out was

Zepharus

Starter
To save his career. This seems like a sinking ship to me. That and the majority of the last few seasons are horrific displays of offensive basketball. This isn't all sanctions. This is a Coach well past his prime being to stubborn to adjust out of his comfort zone.

It struck me tonight how sad and disappointed as a fan I am. This just stinks

To save his career. This seems like a sinking ship to me. That and the majority of the last few seasons are horrific displays of offensive basketball. This isn't all sanctions. This is a Coach well past his prime being to stubborn to adjust out of his comfort zone.

Hop left because JB wanted to stay longer. Hop didn't leave because he thought the program was going downhill.

Hop left because JB wanted to stay longer. Hop didn't leave because he thought the program was going downhill.
If that is truly the reason then he DID leave to salvage his career no?

And next year when we are very good, and we will be, the same posters will be lining up to kiss Jbs butt

I think we’ll be better because, at least offensively, we can’t be worse. But it’ll be interesting to see who returns, how the backcourt shapes up and whether Sidibe can give us solid play at center.

But this team will not be overly successful if Howard is the PG and Chukwu is playing major minutes at center.

We’ll be a better team in transition when Carey and Bazley are playing together, but questions remain with the rest of the team.

Hop would've taken the USC job at a time when the program was doing great. So no, he didn't take a very good P5 job just because JB is stubborn

People outside of this fan base think we got off easy with the NCAA. And while maybe it could have been worse, the scholarship sanctions absolutely killed us.

I just think we have been ill-prepared for the unexpected departures.

Sure, but not at all for the reason you brought up.

I can see how you feel that way, but I think it is just because we're mired in this cycle of mediocrity. I think it has a lot more to do with the sanctions, a couple of players leaving earlier than expected, and a head coach who was somewhat disengaged from recruiting as he rounded what was to be the final turn on his career.

Our recruiting for the class of 2018 suggests that better things are ahead. And getting back to a full compliment of scholarships will provide an enormous boon. I want to believe, a la Fox Mulder.

I think we’ll be better because, at least offensively, we can’t be worse. But it’ll be interesting to see who returns, how the backcourt shapes up and whether Sidibe can give us solid play at center.

But this team will not be overly successful if Howard is the PG and Chukwu is playing major minutes at center.

We’ll be a better team in transition when Carey and Bazley are playing together, but questions remain with the rest of the team.
1000% agree. If Chuckwu is olaying more than 12 mins,a game and FH playing 35 plus again, a lot of people on this board are going to very disappointed nexy year

Yes, but that does not correlate to the program being a sinking ship. He was ready to leave once before but didn't get the offer.
You flunk at mindreading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom