I'm super proud of Carmelo. | Syracusefan.com

I'm super proud of Carmelo.

NYCorange

2nd String
He's acquitted himself, in my opinion, extremely well during all the Knicks drama. He's been a consummate professional and continually taken the high road. He's come out of all this looking like by far the bigger and more professional man between himself, Phil, and Dolan.

I've been watching some of his recent press interviews, and he's turned into a very well spoken, heady man. He interacts with the press with ease and they genuinely like him. Not a bad rep for Syracuse University at all!

He's acquitted himself, in my opinion, extremely well during all the Knicks drama. He's been a consummate professional and continually taken the high road. He's come out of all this looking like by far the bigger and more professional man between himself, Phil, and Dolan.

I've been watching some of his recent press interviews, and he's turned into a very well spoken, heady man. He interacts with the press with ease and they genuinely like him. Not a bad rep for Syracuse University at all!
Agree that Melo has grown into a well spoken man with his head in the right direction.

Of course it wouldn't take even that much to be more professional than Phil and Dolan.

Dude just wants to stay in NYC.

If the Knicks played in Cuse we'd keep him till he was 90.

I have always been amazed by post in the Herald that denigrate Carmelo, he has a calm demeanor, is always respectful, brought a championship to SU, donated a lot of money to benefit a program they he spent one year in, we were very fortunate to have him at SU.

This should surprise no one, as he has long been a class act and a fine representative of Syracuse University.

I agree. I think it says a lot about a person when they have the opportunity to trash another person but don't use it. sometimes a person with influence can be better served by using restraint, rather than trashing a person with no voice. there can be a number of reasons that a person doesn't have a voice, the most obvious among being that they are dead. I would say that Carmelo is doing a Fabulous job.

As most of you know, Im not the biggest fan of Carmelo's NBA game, but he sure doesn't deserve the crap that Frankenstein has been throwing his way.

hypothetically speaking -
Do you guys and gals think that if JB had decided to take a stab at coaching the pros (beyond Olympic stuff) and was coaching Melo that anything would be different?
I just am not sure that anyone has really embraced what his abilities are and truly built around him (either with personnel or playbook). I also feel that some things that are seen as shortcomings of his game (defense, etc.) might be different with JB coaching him. I just feel like the mutual respect/love between the 2 would have been interesting to see at the NBA level. They would bring out the best in each other consistently. Thoughts? (I'll take off my orange colored glasses and listen.) :)

hypothetically speaking -
Do you guys and gals think that if JB had decided to take a stab at coaching the pros (beyond Olympic stuff) and was coaching Melo that anything would be different?
I just am not sure that anyone has really embraced what his abilities are and truly built around him (either with personnel or playbook).

Probably. Look what happened with Iverson in Philly when the Sixers stopped trying to put stars around him and gave him guys like Eric Snow, Theo Ratliff instead of Stackhouse, etc...

As most of you know, Im not the biggest fan of Carmelo's NBA game, but he sure doesn't deserve the crap that Frankenstein has been throwing his way.
Don't know how you are not. If you can't see he doesn't have a trash roster with him then idk

Actually, his head band color varies, so I'm guessing it was orange yesterday for Fab.
I guess you watch on a black and white tv.

the Knicks colors are blue and ORANGE.

he wears an Orange headband almost every night.

as to the OP, yes hes been a consummate professional through this mess of a year.

and now that Dolan just did that to Oak, Melo will remain the only 'star' player who will ever play in NYC till Dolan leaves. no reason to get of Melo now, they will never find anyone even close to his production. build around Hernangomez and let Melo be the elder statesmen.

yes, I purposely left KP out of the discussion.

I guess you watch on a black and white tv.

the Knicks colors are blue and ORANGE.

he wears an Orange headband almost every night.

as to the OP, yes hes been a consummate professional through this mess of a year.

and now that Dolan just did that to Oak, Melo will remain the only 'star' player who will ever play in NYC till Dolan leaves. no reason to get of Melo now, they will never find anyone even close to his production. build around Hernangomez and let Melo be the elder statesmen.

yes, I purposely left KP out of the discussion.
I've seen him wear orange, blue, white and on occasion, even black and green headbands as a Knick.

I've seen him wear orange, blue, white and on occasion, even black and green headbands as a Knick.
quite often for sure, team colors.

black and green? im guessing green on St Patricks Day.

don't doubt the black, just cant recall it.

yes, you are absolutely correct plus he played very well in yesterday's big upset over the Spurs.

quite often for sure, team colors.

black and green? im guessing green on St Patricks Day.

don't doubt the black, just cant recall it.
I'm not crazy, at least where this is concerned...

Screenshot_2017-02-13-10-32-54.png