Im very impressed with Doug and Hack | Syracusefan.com

Im very impressed with Doug and Hack

kcsu

Living Legend
We gave them 21-28 points. I thought that other than special teams SU played very well. I would give Doug a three to five year extension after the SB game. Great game called by Hack im done with my critisism of him as he really called one heck of a game. If we play these guys 10 times we win 7. I dont know how many we will win this year but this staff has the team heading in the right direction and in spite of the loss they should be proud of themselves. This is the best Syracuse team i have seen in ten years.

We saw some good things and definitely a lot of the bad. That many penalties? No excuse for it. The miserable special teams plays? Absolutely awful.

With that said, Marrone does have this program going in the right direction. I'm all for an extension.

We gave them 21-28 points. I thought that other than special teams SU played very well. I would give Doug a three to five year extension after the SB game. Great game called by Hack im done with my critisism of him as he really called one heck of a game. If we play these guys 10 times we win 7. I dont know how many we will win this year but this staff has the team heading in the right direction and in spite of the loss they should be proud of themselves. This is the best Syracuse team i have seen in ten years.
. 17-21 overall. 6-15 in the mighty big east. 6 game losing streak. I mean...i still kind of like marrone but i dont think his record screams out for an extension.

I am really not sold on that offense. Against USC it will be lucky to yield 150 yards.

As a card-carrying critic of Hackett, I will give him the credit he is due. NW's D is a sieve but in the past we had trouble getting a sieve to leak. Nassib was also much more on target with deep throws this game. Can't blame this one on the O. That having been said, these guys need to be more disciplined and Smith needs to be #2.

ST is a GIANT problem and Doug needs to give it a rest - he shouldn't be coaching the ST.

I have been all for DM getting an extension and still am.

I am really not sold on that offense. Against USC it will be lucky to yield 150 yards.

You might be right, but there were a lot of pieces missing and we still put up 600 and 40 points. Granted, we weren't playing the Steel Curtain, but it's impressive against a middle of the road BCS conf (or whatever they call it these days) team.

I can see the offense having struggles at times, I certainly don't think we re-created 1998, and we're not going to be fortunate to get a call every time we throw deep. It does seem like a good mix of short and long passes, even though it took a while for the latter to become part of the game.

As a card-carrying critic of Hackett, I will give him the credit he is due. NW's D is a sieve but in the past we had trouble getting a sieve to leak. Nassib was also much more on target with deep throws this game. Can't blame this one on the O. That having been said, these guys need to be more disciplined and Smith needs to be #2.

ST is a GIANT problem and Doug needs to give it a rest - he shouldn't be coaching the ST.

I have been all for DM getting an extension and still am.

I'm tired of approaching ST with an NFL mentality. There are a lot of college teams that make ST a priority, and we need to as well.

Extension? For what, sloppy special teams play and repeated mental mistakes? Why does he need extension. Where is he going?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom