Imagine if a Syracuse player graduated and then went to play his grad transfer year at Georgetown | Syracusefan.com

Imagine if a Syracuse player graduated and then went to play his grad transfer year at Georgetown

Alsacs

Living Legend
Watching Stanford-Ohio State and Dan Dakich’s son Andrew is playing for Ohio State.
He played his first 3 years at Michigan and was going to transfer to Quinnipac before deciding to transfer to Ohio State.

I can’t imagine the thought of switching sides in one of the most heated rivalries in college sports.
I can’t believe he did it to be honest.

If an SU player did that with Georgetown or UConn it would create amazing heat.

I give Beilein credit for not blocking it.

He never averaged even a point per game at Michigan and was only on scholarship his last season. We're not exactly talking about the second coming of Michael Jordan here. I doubt Beilein would have been so accommodating to a big contributor

Andrew Dakich

He never averaged even a point per game at Michigan and was only on scholarship his last season. We're not exactly talking about the second coming of Michael Jordan here. I doubt Beilein would have been so accommodating to a big contributor

Andrew Dakich
He isn’t a stud player but the rivalry is huge and does set a precedent for the future.
I wouldn’t prevent a kid from transferring within the conference but I would block them from going to my arch, hated rival.

I recall football OL Justin Boren playing his first 2 years at Michigan, starting as a Soph & being named honorable mention All B1G, before transferring to Ohio State & starting his final 2 years.

He isn’t a stud player but the rivalry is huge and does set a precedent for the future.
I wouldn’t prevent a kid from transferring within the conference but I would block them from going to my arch, hated rival.
Why? If you aren't against him playing against us. who he plays for really doesn't matter.

Watching Stanford-Ohio State and Dan Dakich’s son Andrew is playing for Ohio State.
He played his first 3 years at Michigan and was going to transfer to Quinnipac before deciding to transfer to Ohio State.

I can’t imagine the thought of switching sides in one of the most heated rivalries in college sports.

Probably be a bigger deal if we’re talking football, but OSU vs UM in basketball is not exactly GTown-Syracuse.
If an SU ftball player xferred to UConn, it wouldn’t even register. A player doing so in b-ball would be considered blasphemous.

Why? If you aren't against him playing against us. who he plays for really doesn't matter.
Playing against you is one thing playing for your hated rival is another.

I think that is a fair compromise.

Playing against you is one thing playing for your hated rival is another.

I think that is a fair compromise.
Look, there are syracuse students that leave for far worse places. Guys that leave in search of law degrees from schools with wicked reputations for fake classes. I wouldn't let those guys back in the city. far worse than going to play for G-town. louis Orr looks down on those guys.

Look, there are syracuse students that leave for far worse places. Guys that leave in search of law degrees from schools with wicked reputations for fake classes. I wouldn't let those guys back in the city. far worse than going to play for G-town. louis Orr looks down on those guys.

I was going to give an actual response but I mean you obviously want to bring it to my situation so whatever. That is textbook trolling I like you so I will let it go.

I was going to give an actual response but I mean you obviously want to bring it to my situation so whatever. That is textbook trolling I like you so I will let it go.
You take yourself so seriously. I was joking. How could you not see that? Oh, and I was going to say that you didn't include the Bonnies in the games we have to win. 2 out of 4 stuff. They are better than Maryland. playing them tonight without their second best player and might just win.

Last edited by a moderator:

alsacs what are you doing. this is just a terrible post.

Good point but I don't consider Georgetown my arch, hated rival any more. In all truth, I'm not sure I have an arch, hated rival any more. The old Big East teams just don't do it for me and I haven't found a team in the ACC I feel that way about. There are ACC teams I find easy to dislike but we haven't played them long enough to fit into that category. JMO

The SU vs. Georgetown rivalry lives on in the minds of fewer and fewer people.

I think it's dead and the games we play now are just a money-grab taking advantage of those who haven't noticed the games are not meaningful.

The SU vs. Georgetown rivalry lives on in the minds of fewer and fewer people.

I think it's dead and the games we play now are just a money-grab taking advantage of those who haven't noticed the games are not meaningful.

Pretty sure it’s Georgetown and UConns Super Bowl playing Syracuse as some may say. It means more to those schools now that they’re in inferior conferences.

Pretty sure it’s Georgetown and UConns Super Bowl playing Syracuse as some may say. It means more to those schools now that they’re in inferior conferences.
Still and all, the games are near meaningless.

If someone transferred from SU to GU it wouldn’t or shouldn’t mean much.

Now a transfer to another ACC school would be different.

I agree with Townie for the most part, but want to stop a hair shy of a full endorsement, because I just dont know how many long time fans may still harbor a grudge and to what extent.

I also dont want to suppose any thoughts into the OP's head, but maybe the question could be worded to have us imagine the transfer happened during the height of the rivalry, or at least while it was still fairly strong(as opposed to just another ACC school currently)? Isn't that at the heart of the OP rather than whatever the current strength of SU rivalries are, as interesting as they may be? Is it bizarro world when I'm steering things back on topic? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom