Imagine | Syracusefan.com

Imagine

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
If we get a good portal center to play along with Brown and Freeman up front next year! Cope at the point is OK with me but we need a shooter at shooting guard.

Last edited:

That works for me,
IMG_4315.jpeg

It’s all fun and games until we find out like half the roster is bailing and the portal guys think we smell bad and Freeman gets a $2MM offer to go somewhere else.

I wouldn’t hold out hope for a big man in the portal, at least an ACC starting caliber one.

Maliq and Freeman are starting next year, they have to.

Would you rather pair them with a traditional big bodied 5, force Freeman to play the 3, and then have a concern about floor spacing and shooting again? That puts a lot on our 1 and 2 for ball handling, etc

Freeman should be an instant upgrade defensively from Taylor’. Taylor has been solid on the boards but Donnie is great there. I’d be more interested in a 3 who’s a good perimeter defender and rebounder - and can shoot a little. This replacing Bell also instanty makes us a much better rebounding team as well. We still need a big on the bench on nights like last night where Hall was doing whateve he wanted in the first half.

I think Maliq held his own at the 5 this year and with Donnie being on the court it’ll only help him to have a help defender like that.

Look at the big men leaving the ACC this year: Lynn Kidd (senior), Bacot (senior), Filipkowski (draft), Quinten Post (senior), PJ Hall (senior), Andrew Carr (senior).

I bet we go into next year with Maliq at the 5

I wouldn’t hold out hope for a big man in the portal, at least an ACC starting caliber one.

Maliq and Freeman are starting next year, they have to.

Would you rather pair them with a traditional big bodied 5, force Freeman to play the 3, and then have a concern about floor spacing and shooting again? That puts a lot on our 1 and 2 for ball handling, etc

Freeman should be an instant upgrade defensively from Taylor’. Taylor has been solid on the boards but Donnie is great there. I’d be more interested in a 3 who’s a good perimeter defender and rebounder - and can shoot a little. This replacing Bell also instanty makes us a much better rebounding team as well. We still need a big on the bench on nights like last night where Hall was doing whateve he wanted in the first half.

I think Maliq held his own at the 5 this year and with Donnie being on the court it’ll only help him to have a help defender like that.

Look at the big men leaving the ACC this year: Lynn Kidd (senior), Bacot (senior), Filipkowski (draft), Quinten Post (senior), PJ Hall (senior), Andrew Carr (senior).

I bet we go into next year with Maliq at the 5

If Bell returns and continues to improve, then it is pretty much impossible not to envision Brown / Freeman / Bell being the starting frontcourt.

It’s all fun and games until we find out like half the roster is bailing and the portal guys think we smell bad and Freeman gets a $2MM offer to go somewhere else.
Hes not LeBron... If he gets 2MM to go somewhere he better take it because thats probably 5X the amount he would get to go anywhere else

Hes not LeBron... If he gets 2MM to go somewhere he better take it because thats probably 5X the amount he would get to go anywhere else

I’m a fan of hyperbole

If Bell returns and continues to improve, then it is pretty much impossible not to envision Brown / Freeman / Bell being the starting frontcourt.
I agree, but the challenge is do we have enough defensive rim protection with that starting front court? We can’t have last night’s paint domination all year. Feels like two 4s and a 3 - skinny ones at that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom