IMG College ticket sales | Syracusefan.com

IMG College ticket sales

Millhouse

Living Legend
most people here were excited that maybe they could bring more pricing expertise to the Dome based on their experiences at other colleges... but from the article today, it looks like they're just being brought in to bother people on the phone. BLECH

They have to start somewhere...

It seems to me that we should expect to see more ticket "Packages" that cross sporting line.

Men/Women 5 game hoops packages...
Football multi-game packages...
Men/Women Lacrosse packages...

One thing I would suggest is to customize allow fans to build their own ticket packages. Mix n match football / basketball games.

They have to start somewhere...

It seems to me that we should expect to see more ticket "Packages" that cross sporting line.

Men/Women 5 game hoops packages...
Football multi-game packages...
Men/Women Lacrosse packages...

One thing I would suggest is to customize allow fans to build their own ticket packages. Mix n match football / basketball games.

Buy a ticket for WV or USF and get a discount on two of your choice of Fordham, Colgate, Eastern Michigan, Marshall, George Washington, Bucknell, or Tulane.

most people here were excited that maybe they could bring more pricing expertise to the Dome based on their experiences at other colleges... but from the article today, it looks like they're just being brought in to bother people on the phone. BLECH

Their prices are already dirt cheap compared to other BCS schools based on the size of the Dome. $100 for season tickets is a steal. If I didn't live in Atlanta, you can bet I'd be there for every game.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Their prices are already dirt cheap compared to other BCS schools based on the size of the Dome. $100 for season tickets is a steal. If I didn't live in Atlanta, you can bet I'd be there for every game.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
i wasn't saying they should lower those those ticket prices.

The issue that I have with Syracuse is the on campus stadium. Its all about the tailgating. With so little parking near the dome now and most people being bused up from Manley. Why dont they open the fields to set up a tent city for tailgating, bus people up and back ? They may already but I don't kow about it if they do.

The one thing I don't understand is trying to guilt people into going to the games by calling them bad fans or hypocrites. Make the pricing and packages more attractive - that's one option. There's no such thing as a bad fan, IMO. We all have varying levels of interest in the program - there's no threshold for what is acceptable. We don't choose to wake up one morning and decide what kind of fan we're going to be... it's no different than a parent chastising their son or daughter for "deciding" to be gay.

The issue that I have with Syracuse is the on campus stadium. Its all about the tailgating. With so little parking near the dome now and most people being bused up from Manley. Why dont they open the fields to set up a tent city for tailgating, bus people up and back ? They may already but I don't kow about it if they do.

Send the athletic department an e-mail; it's a good idea. People tailgating on Hendricks Field, the Old Row, and the Quad would make for a good event.

The one thing I don't understand is trying to guilt people into going to the games by calling them bad fans or hypocrites. Make the pricing and packages more attractive - that's one option. There's no such thing as a bad fan, IMO. We all have varying levels of interest in the program - there's no threshold for what is acceptable. We don't choose to wake up one morning and decide what kind of fan we're going to be... it's no different than a parent chastising their son or daughter for "deciding" to be gay.
I don't know how you make tickets and packages more attractive. $100 for season tickets is ridiculously cheap. Not to mention for Rutgers they had a 4 tickets for $44 promotion and it still didn't fill up. What else do people want? Free tickets? $1 tickets? Come on now!

I'm guessing they offer a variety of services and we took the economy option. Pay for a call center. Do people, other than my mom, still answer their phone if they don't know exactly who's calling? Surprises me that this type of service can even be offered today.

Does IMG even offer consulting services, i.e. pricing support? As we've discussed, our premium seating/pricing plan is in dire need of a makeover.

I don't know how you make tickets and packages more attractive. $100 for season tickets is ridiculously cheap. Not to mention for Rutgers they had a 4 tickets for $44 promotion and it still didn't fill up. What else do people want? Free tickets? $1 tickets? Come on now!

Those tickets aren't really the problem and yes they are very cheap. It's between the 20's in the preferred seats where the problems lie. The seasons sold there are way too low and then they can never sell them for individual games because the price is so high.

The prices between the 20s need to drop. The empty seats look awful on TV. The tickets in the endzones could in all honesty be bumped up a bit. Maybe from $100 to $125. I emailed Gross and told him to at least see if he could move the main TV camera to the opposite side so the SU home bench is on TV more and also because there are usually more people on that side of the dome.

Those tickets aren't really the problem and yes they are very cheap. It's between the 20's in the preferred seats where the problems lie. The seasons sold there are way too low and then they can never sell them for individual games because the price is so high.
I agree with that. The biggest issue with seasons there is the donation on top of the ticket price. Do away with the donation and you might get more takers

Exactly...plus the 2nd tier end zone and corners..way too high..the 4 for 44 came out way too late...if they are doing a promo for WVU it should have been out this week already...

As many here have noted, they need to flatten out the price structure...there is not need to offer $100.00 season tickets, but there is also no need to have single game ducats in triple digits. there really isn't a bad seat in the dome...anywhere. No need to give away those endzone seats...which force the administration to ask soo much for the seats between the 20's.

Just to clarify what I meant. I meant the numbers sold are low, not the price being too low.

As many here have noted, they need to flatten out the price structure...there is not need to offer $100.00 season tickets, but there is also no need to have single game ducats in triple digits. there really isn't a bad seat in the dome...anywhere. No need to give away those endzone seats...which force the administration to ask soo much for the seats between the 20's.

I think the last 3 rows of the middle deck in each end zone should be sold for $5 per ticket. Multiply by # of games for season ticket. Those are literally the only bad seats in the Dome (because they're in the dark).

Everything else, agree, there's no reason I should be paying $99 (it's not even $100) for season tickets to be in the front row of the upper deck in the end zone, while someone at the 30, 15 rows up, would have to pay $100 for one game. It's just dumb, like we want to have our own class warfare.

Incidently, as an out of towner who only makes 1, maybe 2 games per year, I'd hate to see my $99 go away. But I also don't want to be stuck on team poorville for any type of class warfare.

Hopefully one of the Athletic Department new hires can address ticket pricing for one of our two top revenue generating sports. Seems like an important task. And we're apparently not oursourcing that part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom